Slaughterhouse Brined Breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dj mishima

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Canton, MI
I cooked these up a few weeks ago. I just realized that I forgot to post it up.

Chicken breast was on sale. So, it was time to break out the smoker and food saver. These were some massive breasts. I bought 2 packages around 5 lbs each. They both contained 4 breasts.
20191109_020226.jpg

Brined in Slaughterhouse with 2 small sliced lemons added(should have used more)
20191109_020655.jpg

Pulled out of the brine after 12 hours. Rinsed, patted dry with paper towels, and added salt free rub.
20191109_140805.jpg

Smoked with apple pellets for 3.5 hours or so, pulled from the smoker after probe indicated above 140F, and finished on the grill. 20191109_183243.jpg

This turned out much better than the last attempt at brining. I think I'll stick with this when I brine again. Though, I do wonder how much the spices in the brine affect the flavor. Especially since I rinsed afterwards.

Those look really tasty!

Though, I do wonder how much the spices in the brine affect the flavor. Especially since I rinsed afterwards.

Most spices only penetrate about 1/10 inch after 24 hours. I would brine with only salt and water (or dry brine) and add spices later.

I love this brine. I buy a 40 lb case of breast and on whole breast covers a dinner plate.

Reactions: jcam222
Looking good!

Haha saw that your breasts were from busch's and knew you had to be from my area! I've visited that location before

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky