Skinless Fried Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Started out with a half dozen large sized chicken thighs and cut the skin off of them, looks disgusting!
DSCN2383.JPG

Dipped the thighs in some beaten eggs and then coated with a bread crumb-flour-spices mixture
DSCN2384.JPG

Into a pan of 2/3 veg oil, 1/3 olive oil, 400º
DSCN2385.JPG

And flip
DSCN2386.JPG

Cooked thru and golden brown, let them drain onto some paper towels
DSCN2387.JPG

Plated up with a buttery yam and some zucchini and onions, nice glass of cab, dinner!
DSCN2389.JPG

This is a great way to make fried chicken, the thighs stay moist and juicy, the olive oil gives a nice flavor, I get to eat all the breading without having to down all that chicken fat, love the stuff! Thanks for lookin' in! RAY

Looks good Ray. Love fried chicken any way I can get it. Were these boneless thighs? I've fried bone in thighs before with the skin on. Gonna try with skin off, it's a good way to eat a little healthier.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks great, thighs are very forgiving when cooking different ways , I always reach for a thigh first no matter how you cook them lol , I would like to have a plate full of them cooked by my mom, yes Lard would be involved lol

Looks good . Hard to beat a good piece of fried chicken . Always reach for the thigh first myself .
I was thinking this was gonna be an air fryer post .

Very nice Ray! Those thighs sure look delicious! I get picky about chicken skin unless it’s fried wings so I would prefer those the way you made them.

Chicken look good Ray. We have a similar dish on the menu for this weekend. If mother nature cooperates.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks good Ray. Love fried chicken any way I can get it. Were these boneless thighs? I've fried bone in thighs before with the skin on. Gonna try with skin off, it's a good way to eat a little healthier.

Thanks, these were bone-in skinless thighs Mike. Sometimes I'll debone them and pound the thighs out a bit with a meat mallet, fry them up a little, smear on some marinara and mozzarella cheese and pop them in the oven to make chicken parm, not as dry as a breast. Make for good fried chicken sannys too! Tahnks for the Loke Mike, I appreciate it. RAY

Looks great, thighs are very forgiving when cooking different ways , I always reach for a thigh first no matter how you cook them lol , I would like to have a plate full of them cooked by my mom, yes Lard would be involved lol

I reckon most of us wind up cooking a lot of things the same way our mama's did Mike. Being Italian anything fried in our house was done in straight olive oil, I sort of like the combo. Thank you for the Like Mike, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks good . Hard to beat a good piece of fried chicken . Always reach for the thigh first myself .
I was thinking this was gonna be an air fryer post .

So far the AF had undercooked a yam and actually done some frozen steak fries up right Rich, tho it pretty much just sits there. Thank you for the Like Rick, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks great - I never tried removing the skin - afraid it would take away the flavor but yours looks amazing. Nice job

Give it a shot, you won't miss the skin! RAY

Very nice Ray! Those thighs sure look delicious! I get picky about chicken skin unless it’s fried wings so I would prefer those the way you made them

Thanks Joe, I feel the same way! I like the skin from wings and legs when done on the Weber using the Vortex, it's nice and crispy. I look at that pile of skin fat and it's really nothing I want to eat, just ain't healthy. Thanks for the Like Joe, much appreciated. RAY

Looks fantastic Ray!

Thanks Jim, and thanks for the Like, I do love me some fried yardbird! RAY

Looks good Ray. I like fried chicken any way I can get it. Jim

KFC used to be one of the more favored pit stops Jim, I remember I like their cole slaw too.. Thanks you for the Like Jim, much appreciated. RAY

Chicken look good Ray. We have a similar dish on the menu for this weekend. If mother nature cooperates. Point for sure Chris

Sure looks good RAY! Ive done them that way before. Good stuff. I'll have to try and mix in some olive oil next time to see how the flavor changes. Love the sides too!

Outstanding looking Thighs, Ray!!
I was expecting Air Fried, but I surely wasn't disappointed!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Mmm Mmm fried chicken. Yours looks great Ray! Nice work man.

Thanks John, she looks like she could down a bucket full of yardbird and have room left over for a couple of burgers! Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY

looks mighty tasty! Some good looking chicken...no comment on your thighs tho Ryan

Thanks Ryan, best part on the bird any way you cook 'em, and thanks for the Like too! RAY

Sure looks good RAY! Ive done them that way before. Good stuff. I'll have to try and mix in some olive oil next time to see how the flavor changes. Love the sides too!

Thanks Travis! I started doing the thighs this way after making chicken Italian sausage and realizing how much fat was there in the thighs, I just don't like the feel of the fried skin in my mouth ever since, Thanks for the Like Travis, I do appreciate it. RAY

Outstanding looking Thighs, Ray!! I was expecting Air Fried, but I surely wasn't disappointed!! Nice Job! Like. Bear

Sometimes it just takes awhile to teach a old dog some new tricks Bear. The recipe book that Emeril put in with it is just chock full of stuff that I'd never cook, but I really do need to learn how to do a few things on it. Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY

Sometimes it just takes awhile to teach a old dog some new tricks Bear. The recipe book that Emeril put in with it is just chock full of stuff that I'd never cook, but I really do need to learn how to do a few things on it. Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY

Well, My Step by Step Index would have a lot more "Step by Steps" for the Air Fryer, but I'm still not allowed to edit or add any new ones to it.

Bear

Nice looking thighs there. I can eat them anyway you cook them but do prefer them when fried skin on. Warren

Thanks Warren! With the skin removed you can look at it as eating health food! Thanks for the Like Warren, much appreciated. RAY

Couldn't tell if it that was a he or a she. Either way if she is coming better make 3 packs of thighs!

Hard to really say that would be getting invited John! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky