• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sirloin roast

rbnice1

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 22, 2017
Well had a small one in the deep freeze. Turned out really really good. I didnt take progression pics. sorry. Will try to remember next time.

Rubbed down, then smoked for 3 hours at 190f. Then Vac-sealed and sous-vide for 25 hours at 132. It then went in the fridge overnight and sliced. After slicing added the juices with a little beef broth to a new bad and it went back in the sous-vide for a couple hours to warm back up. Turned out very good. Will do any of my rump or siloins like this from now on. Going to make some sammies tonight!

IMG_4234.jpg

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks delicious and perfect doneness for me.

Fueling Around

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Will do any of my rump or sirloins like this from now on.
Include sirloin tip in your roster. A good cut for Sous Vide as it is actually from the rump family, but because it touches the lower sirloin, the spin master marketers altered the name.

Last edited:

rbnice1

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 22, 2017
Sorry didnt realize I had not put what type of roast this was. lol

This roast was a sirloin tip roast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.