Simple Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wanna-be-smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
VT
Just Sous Vide and seared steak with mac salad

st2.jpg st3.jpg

Attachments

• st2.jpg
    st2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: weedeater
Looks great!
SV is becoming really a mainstream way to cook.
And it is happening so fast!
I think it's because the results are just amazing!
Al

That looks really good, I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing the Mac salad recipe. Looks like a different twist. Am I seeing pees in it.

Yes you see peas.

Around here we put boiled eggs/peas/tuna and of course macaroni and mayo

top round.

I tend to always over cook in the sear stage so I SV 110 for 1.5 hours then sear.

Have you tried using a propane weed burner? I've seen some videos but haven't tried it yet. I've heard it works pretty well. My propane grill doesn't get hot enough to sear without over cooking, and I hate wasting a chimney full of charcoal for 1 minute per side. Using cast iron has worked OK sometimes, Throw it in the super hot pan, then baste with butter for about 45 seconds per side.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky