Simple Boneless Rib Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Had this small roast in the freezer from Christmas. Rubbed all over with Kinder's Buttery Steakhouse and on a kettle with some lump and a split of oak for an indirect smoke...
20230203_171126[1].jpg

20230203_181444[1].jpg

Pulled at 118℉ to rest...
20230203_183048[1].jpg

Sliced...
20230203_183754[1].jpg

Served with a salad my wife threw together and some smashed potatoes. Time to eat...
20230203_184954[1].jpg

Dessert was some kind of strawberry ice cream cone. Granddaughters loved them...
20230203_190413[1].jpg

And of course this one is Nana's little helper...
20230203_183323[1].jpg

Nice cook Charles . Looks like a great lil' helper too , and I know the dog appreciates clean bowls . Lol .

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Heck yeah, doesn't get any better than that Charles, love oak smoke on beef! Soon Sweetie Pie will be wanting to push the vacuum cleaner around, then you'll have it made in the shade! RAY

Had this small roast in the freezer from Christmas. Rubbed all over with Kinder's Buttery Steakhouse and on a kettle with some lump and a split of oak for an indirect smoke...
View attachment 656896
View attachment 656897

Pulled at 118℉ to rest...
View attachment 656898

Sliced...
View attachment 656899

Served with a salad my wife threw together and some smashed potatoes. Time to eat...
View attachment 656900

Dessert was some kind of strawberry ice cream cone. Granddaughters loved them...
View attachment 656901

And of course this one is Nana's little helper...
View attachment 656902

I like the buttery steakhouse I use it often. I added some granulated honey to some just for fun. It wasn't bad

Might have been simple but everything looks perfect Charles!
Pass me a plate and a scoop strawberry waffle cone 😋. And extra help is always appreciated...especially when it's one of your grands!

Keith

Whoa...that looks terrific! PR is one of my favorites, and yours looks delicious! Nicely done Charles!

The granddaughter is a real cutie too! Grandkids are the best!

Red

Nice cook Charles . Looks like a great lil' helper too , and I know the dog appreciates clean bowls . Lol .
Thank you, Rich and she is quite the little helper...
Great meal! The ice cream shot is adorable
Thanks Jeff. I don't eat sugar, but my wife always keeps treats like that here for the girls...
Heck yeah, doesn't get any better than that Charles, love oak smoke on beef! Soon Sweetie Pie will be wanting to push the vacuum cleaner around, then you'll have it made in the shade! RAY
I appreciate the compliments, Ray. Yes Sweetie Pie is always wanting to help feed the dogs, wash dishes, clear the table. Nana is training her...or she's training Nana...:emoji_laughing:
Man that looks good. I have one in the freezer I need to pull out.
Thaw that thing out, it's always a great time for smoked ribeye roast...
I like the buttery steakhouse I use it often. I added some granulated honey to some just for fun. It wasn't bad
It's my wife's favorite seasoning and I like the honey idea...
Might have been simple but everything looks perfect Charles!
Pass me a plate and a scoop strawberry waffle cone 😋. And extra help is always appreciated...especially when it's one of your grands!

Keith
Come on and get you some next time, Keith!!
Whoa...that looks terrific! PR is one of my favorites, and yours looks delicious! Nicely done Charles!

The granddaughter is a real cutie too! Grandkids are the best!

Red
Thank you Red, I appreciate your kind words. And yes, grandchildren are amazing!! We have 4 from Sweetie Pie, who just turned 3, to Doodlebug, who is 14. All girls and we are truly blessed...

Reactions: seenred
Great job on the rib roast... looks perfect!
Great pictures of your grandaughter! We don't have any but some of our daughters friends have kids... they've adopted us as grandparents lol!

Ryan

Thank you Red, I appreciate your kind words. And yes, grandchildren are amazing!! We have 4 from Sweetie Pie, who just turned 3, to Doodlebug, who is 14. All girls and we are truly blessed...

Awesome! We currently have 1 grandchild - he’ll be 6 in May - and 1 arriving on Monday! We just got word yesterday - our DIL checks in to the hospital Sunday night, and they’re inducing early Monday morning. Naturally, Mrs. Red and I couldn’t be more excited!

Red

Awesome! We currently have 1 grandchild - he’ll be 6 in May - and 1 arriving on Monday! We just got word yesterday - our DIL checks in to the hospital Sunday night, and they’re inducing early Monday morning. Naturally, Mrs. Red and I couldn’t be more excited!

Red
Well CONGRATS!! Exciting times for sure. Best wishes for a healthy delivery for mother and child...

Reactions: seenred
I want to try that Kinders rub sometime soon. Nice job on the rib roast. Looks like it is cooked perfectly.

Smoked/grilled prime rib is the best! Great looking meal.

Although I have not found an ice cream flavor I have not liked, please have vanilla/chocolate chip on hand for me :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky