sides for a picanha cook.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
since it's been a picanha-fest here I could'nt pass on one when they had prime on sale at the meat market. throwing it on this afternoon.
trying to figure out a side. believe it or not I'm not a baked potato fan. hate to only have tots with a prime piece of meat. Mama does the sides, I do the protein.

IMG-4341.jpg

We love roasted, fresh vegetables...carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, whole green beans, etc. They are a mainstay around here and I just switch it up or combine a couple different ones. Always simple, just drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with coarse salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Lay flat on a cookie sheet and roast in a 425℉-450℉ oven, tossing occasionally, until they get some color and your desired texture. We like them a little on the raw side...crunchy... Next would be fresh fruit, whatever is available, such as pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, etc. Of course there's always a good salad, but we like an Asian style slaw. Just a couple of ideas...

Reactions: clifish
We love roasted, fresh vegetables...carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, whole green beans, etc. They are a mainstay around here and I just switch it up or combine a couple different ones. Always simple, just drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with coarse salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Lay flat on a cookie sheet and roast in a 425℉-450℉ oven, tossing occasionally, until they get some color and your desired texture. We like them a little on the raw side...crunchy... Next would be fresh fruit, whatever is available, such as pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, etc. Of course there's always a good salad, but we like an Asian style slaw. Just a couple of ideas...
Good ideas for mama cause she likes veggies, me not so much. Thank you for the ideas

It may be a bit late to get some of these going but here is a thread I did a while back with some really good side dishes. The heart of palm salad was amazing and is one that can be done last minute.

Robert

Why not try a hard-to-find dish with hard-to-find meat? Shishito peppers are a very mild mid-sized pepper with a great flavor. I buy them whenever they are available.

a nice refreshing 3 bean salad, with a vinagrette dressing, red onion and fresh herbs. There is also the charro beans posted here many times as long as the smoker is out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky