Side handles....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

inkjunkie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
What are you fine folks using for handles on the sides of your UDS's? I have a handle one the lid but haven't figured out anything for the sides as of yet....Thanks in advance for any help provided....

Honestly you could just put another side table on the other side. I have used that for the handle since I built it. I just need to find another scrap of plywood for the other side. I screwed it on with grabber screws and it is as tight as when I put it there 100 plus smokes ago. I wouldn't mind having a little more table space on mine.

Timperjet: How do you have the shelf attached? I was looking to do something similar myself but the only way I have really seen to put it on there is a big 90* bracket. Would also probably need 2 so it is stable. I have been trying to source an old burnt out charcoal grill with the 2 side tables and wheels. The smoker should plop down right in the middle. If not I have enough tools and such at my disposal that it won't be an issue. Worst case scenario I will find some scrap metal and weld up something nifty I just don't want it to be too heavy to move around/put in my truck bed.

I just used 6 wood screws maybe 1 3/4 through the drum. I don't know if I would stand on it or anything but it is fine for what I use it for. And I can lift the whole shebang with one hand on the rim and one on the drum lip and no moving or anything. I did pre drill the holes and use a little gorilla glue just to make sure. Going strong for 3 plus years of hard use.

I don't see why you couldn't just use a shelf bracket if you wanted a big side table but I use a tall fold up table next to mine to set meat on and stuff so my shelve is just used for little stuff. Next one I build will have a full table built on it kind of like my performer has.

May just pick up some angle iron/expanded metal and build a pair of shelves....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky