1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Show your kegerator

Discussion in 'Beer & Ale' started by Jtexans4, May 1, 2018.

1. Jtexans4

Jtexans4 Newbie

Mines nothing fancy at all. I'm the only one who sees it and it will eventually be hidden underneath the bar. Instead of buying a chest freezer I decided to utilize an old mini fridge I've had for a few years. I took the door off and made a collar out of 2x6's. Then I mounted the door to the collar, and mounted the collar to the fridge using brackets. Insulation isn't an issue and it holds temp really well. It fits two five gallon ball lock kegs, my 5# co2 tank and whatever bottles I want to store. I also have a 2.5 gallon ball lock I can probably fit in there if needed.
    IMG_20180414_124948.jpg IMG_20180414_125034.jpg

zwiller and bdskelly like this.
  2. crazymoon

crazymoon Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

JT4, Nice job, I always wanted a kegerator but too much draft beer gives me a headache ! :)

3. bdskelly

bdskelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I like bottles.
    B1E03226-C2D6-46A7-BEEB-A0EF150B24CA.jpeg

Jonok and yankee2bbq like this.
  4. yankee2bbq

yankee2bbq Smoking Fanatic

bdskelly.....is that your man cave??

5. bdskelly

Yes sir.
    5F4C7F4F-4C91-436B-A95E-747AF21F12CD.jpeg

Jonok and zwiller like this.
  6. zwiller

zwiller Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Ok. Skelly wins... Wow dude. Microsoft in the 80s?

Been brewing about 30 years and still rocking picnic taps but have 2 fridges, one for fermentation and another for serving. Mine are nothing to look at but I make some serious homebrew and am BJCP certified. Right now is a huge 'cue phase and the family is loving it. I'd be doing a hefe or saison if I was brewing. Avatar is my saison with Blaugies (3726) yeast.

7. bdskelly

Awww man I was not trying to compete. That’s just the place I go when Mrs BD has enough of me hanging around the house.
    I’ve alwas wanted to try a hand at brewing Zwiller. I think it would be fun. And clearly you have expert status. B

8. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

If I had a kegerator I would never make it to work.

B. Nice man-cave like it, but whats under the tarps that the mannequin is protecting?

Chris

9. Converted this old International Harvester fridge a while ago. It moved along to a new home, and now I use my mini fridge tap set up.
    10653606_10203800373303747_5546374448700184498_n.jpg 26219399_10212096740267736_2432853138182044337_n.jpg

sauced and bdskelly like this.
  10. Jtexans4

Jtexans4 Newbie

I gave in and got rid of the old kegerator in my first post. I decided to build a "keezer" out of a chest freezer. Still two taps, but looks nicer. Ended up using an extra smoke box with magnets as a drip tray. Only homebrew on tap here!
    keezer2.jpeg keezer1.jpeg

11. What's on tap?

12. Jtexans4

Jtexans4 Newbie

Currently a cascade hopped pale ale and a saison. The pale ale only has a few pints left then I’m kegging an experimental beer (red ale with kolsch yeast)

Derek717 likes this.
  13. Gdubss31

Gdubss31 Newbie

Got rid of my single kegerator and now am using this Commercial kegerator and running 2 taps on them.

Cheers

Attached Files:

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  14. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Smoking Fanatic

Looking to build one in the very near future. Have a buddy helping me and have read countless articles on it. Any tips or advice? Hoping to do a front mount 2 tap fridge conversion.