Short ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stubster

Original poster
Jun 28, 2016
My 1st beef short ribs. I used a Texas style rub consisting of 3 tbsp coarse pepper,2tbsp kosher salt,1tbsp instant coffee grounds,1 tbsp chili powder, 1tsp onion powder,1tsp garlic powder and a pinch of cayenne. I seasoned them the night before and put in frig. Fired up the dyna-glo upright with royal oak lump and briquet mix and used chunks of cherry and red oak for smoke. After 4 1/2 hrs they hit 160* and I put them in a pan with a mixture of beef broth, coffee and Worcestershire and covered till they hit 200*. I'm fairly certain i will be doing these again.

Attachments

• 0406202001.jpg
    0406202001.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 46
Love short ribs!! Yours look good, I like doing mine with SPOG usually but I have done a lot of beef with a coffee rub like that too and its a nice compliment to beef.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky