Share Your Fall Pictures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Played hookey today from work. Went fishin’! White River in the Ozarks of Northern Arkansas! About 15 minutes from my house! Awesome views and some awesome trout fishing!
03FD6D89-BCDC-4201-9C50-7F82E703D536.jpeg
6FB28954-755C-4267-9D40-1AA1160618F7.jpeg
57420140-B5B2-4E25-838D-51846E084929.jpeg
F13D5395-B1A1-4C4A-A2E0-60FD0752EF75.jpeg
C1C939C5-DEA3-4975-B1B3-43F4F7E0AE0F.jpeg

Some trees are dropping leaves and setting new buds .

Yes Rich, I know what you mean 3 weeks ago we were in low single digits here ( C ) during the day and frost at night. Than 17 C at night and low 20's C daytime for 3 weeks now. My fruit trees are very confused , they also are budding. Hope not going to hurt next years crop.

David

Reactions: chopsaw
I have lilies that where dead , frost bit and laying on the ground , that now have new flowers coming up in the middle . Bad thing is my dwarf Lilac tree sets the new growth for next year now . That's why you shouldn't prune late in the year . I looked yesterday and the new growth set buds that are now burnt from frost . So I guess I'll see in the spring . If I live that long .

• Wow
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Got any geese? Asking for a friend......
None close that I know of...terrible drought here, actually have a field that's usually surrounded by a small creek, bone dry now. I'm 50 and never seen it dry ever. But as I was finishing up combining corn on that farm it was awesome to see roughly 30 pheasants, probably 20 hens and roughly 10 roosters...great to see numbers up again!

Ryan

Yeah...talk about dry....Louisiana had the driest September on record in over 100 years. And October so far...only 0.38" of rain, with none in sight before the end of the month......I feel for ya as a farmer....

Reactions: Brokenhandle
None close that I know of...terrible drought here, actually have a field that's usually surrounded by a small creek, bone dry now. I'm 50 and never seen it dry ever. But as I was finishing up combining corn on that farm it was awesome to see roughly 30 pheasants, probably 20 hens and roughly 10 roosters...great to see numbers up again!

Ryan
I saw a flock of 15 to 20 turkeys when I was taking the side by side down back to finish mowing off the back field a couple weeks ago. Rough getting in and out so I just left the tractor and bush hog back there and took the side by side back down to it. Most turkeys I have seen at one time in the last few years.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Took a trip to a harvest Festival this weekend in Vernon, NJ - Took this while on the hayride.

Attachments

• Fall.jpg
    Fall.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: yankee2bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky