Season smoker wood?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike5150

Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
Hi there!  I just cut down a couple italian plum trees about a month ago, and I was wondering if it needs to season before I can use it in the smoker or if can start using it right away.

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

If the wood was live when you cut it, it would be best to let it season, probably 'til next spring at least, depending on size and your climate. Green woods can give off bitter smoke.

Eric

icon_cool.gif

Yes sr I agree with Eric and that wood won'y probally be ready till maybe next summer or so. But it will be some good wood thou. Can you swing into Roll Call for us and introduce yourself and we can give the big howdy we like to hand out to new members.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky