Seared Sirloin Steak, Grilled Pineapple, & Griddle Fries (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice meal robert. Hadn't thought about fries on the Blackstone yet but why not

I'm with you Jake!! I had never considered it either till I was standing there trying to invent a reason not to have to go into the house. This worked out well...and thank you for the kind words

Robert

Never had the pineapple with it, but love that! Gonna try it next week.
Thanks for the pics. Big like!

Thank you Mike and you're more than welcome. We started grilling pineapple about 3 years ago and just love it. We also enjoy grilling watermelon. Saw that on a Kids BBQ Pitmasters and gave it a try. That too is very good.

Robert

Fantastic as always Robert! I'm getting real anxious to get my new toy!

Thank you Steve. I've been having a really good time with mine. Used it every day since getting it and will continue to use it. This thing is fun to cook on. You better stock up on 1# propane cylinders :emoji_wink:

Robert

PM me if you need anymore flat top tips.
Here’s a few pics of the goodness

Peachy....thanks for sharing. Those pics look really good. You've planted a seed though. I don't mind a bit folks tossing things like this into a thread but I almost wonder if a new thread dedicated to just griddle cooking might be fun. I've seen quite a few people cooking on them recently and I bet there are a ton of great ideas folks could share. Would be willing to start it up? I'd do it but I've only had my griddle a little over a week. Yes, I've used t quite a bit since getting it but I'm way behind a lot of you guys.

Here's hoping...
Robert

Steak and pineapple is a unique combination, but it works. When I lived at home (no, I’m really not an 11 yo), my parents would make skewers that had steak, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and pineapple. They were always really good.

This is weird (on my part) but enlightening (on your part). I've done grilled pineapple many times with beef. I've also done skewers using pork that included pineapple. I've never done skewers with beef and pineapple (slap self upside head) but the idea is great. The combination of ingredients you listed sounds fantastic. Fair warning though...if you turn your back on me for a minute I'm likely to steal it :emoji_laughing:

I’m with you on trying to make my own rubs. Much cheaper in the long run.

Certainly there are financial aspects to it but from my perspective it's more about creating the exact flavors we like. Now recently I did come up with a taco seasoning that was strictly based on money, and maybe general principal. The McCormick Supreme taco seasoning that we'd used for a long time went from about $3 a jug to $30 a jog. No way in the world was I gonna pay that kind of price for taco seasoning.

Robert

Looks good , nice cook on the steak . Loved grilled pineapple . Great looking meal .

Thanks so much. Very much appreciate it.

I have a " Banzai burger " recipe from Red Robin . Does that with a burger patty . My gosh it was good .

Now that sounds good!! I wonder what it'd be like making a pork burger...Hmmmm

Robert

Great looking meal Robert! Steak done to perfection. You guys sure are making it hard to not want or think I need a flat top!

Very much appreciate it Ryan. I waited WAY too long to get this thing. It would have been different if I was looking at another super expensive cooker but this thing was only $129. No reason I waited as long as I did, but oh well....

Robert

Delicious looking meal there Robert. The sliced tators i did on the griddle the other day where really good. They had that homemade fresh deep fried flavor.

Thank you mt friend. Yes, we loved that deep fresh flavor and a nice little char. Kinda had the texture of good home fries but a really nice flavor from the seasonings that really jumped out.

If they took longer than anticipated, throw them in the microwave for a minute or two before cooking them on the griddle.

I won't need to do that but appreciate the input. The griddle tends to cook stuff pretty fast and I was just too gentle with them keeping the heat on low not wanting to burn them. Next time I just jack the heat up a little bit and things should be fine. Was a good learning experience as Tracy and I both love good homemade fries

Robert

Peachy....thanks for sharing. Those pics look really good. You've planted a seed though. I don't mind a bit folks tossing things like this into a thread but I almost wonder if a new thread dedicated to just griddle cooking might be fun. I've seen quite a few people cooking on them recently and I bet there are a ton of great ideas folks could share. Would be willing to start it up? I'd do it but I've only had my griddle a little over a week. Yes, I've used t quite a bit since getting it but I'm way behind a lot of you guys.

Here's hoping...
Robert
Yes the idea of a flat top area has been something a few mods and I discussed awhile back and it was decided we have enough options already. There are definitely more people using them now then there were then so maybe it’s time to discuss it again.

Yes the idea of a flat top area has been something a few mods and I discussed awhile back and it was decided we have enough options already.

I would agree with the decision you and the mods made. I was actually referencing just a single thread where folks could showcase some of their ideas as opposed to a new sub forum. Thinking it though and knowing it's going to be all over the place, I bet that General Discussion would be an appropriate place to start it.

Thinking out loud....
Robert

I would agree with the decision you and the mods made. I was actually referencing just a single thread where folks could showcase some of their ideas as opposed to a new sub forum. Thinking it though and knowing it's going to be all over the place, I bet that General Discussion would be an appropriate place to start it.

Thinking out loud....
Robert
I am not really the type to make a thread to display my knowledge. I feel displays like that come across in a bragging way. I’d rather just mention tips I’ve learned on my journey as I feel inspired to share. That’s what makes chat such a great part of this forum.It is a great place for bouncing ideas around.

I am not really the type to make a thread to display my knowledge. I feel displays like that come across in a bragging way. I’d rather just mention tips I’ve learned on my journey as I feel inspired to share. That’s what makes chat such a great part of this forum.It is a great place for bouncing ideas around.
I for one would enjoy seeing a post on flat top cooks. Your couple of pics you shared were awesome, it wouldn't be bragging but informing. I for one don't have time to spend time in chat, if I do it's late and pretty quiet.

Ryan

Damn good looking meal Robert! Really like the fries I havent tried that either but will now! I would love to see a certain sub forum for griddle cooking but If not I would settle for a single thread. All of these great looking meals make me want to get mine out more and cook on it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky