Sear box on a Traeger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pne123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Wow, I have not posted in 9 yrs... anyway, I have a 20 yr old Traeger bbq100 deluxe. I have updated the electronics and it still works but has an issue reaching 350f unless the weather is perfect. I use my 15 yr old weber to sear and grill.
I was thinking of replacing both with a large green egg for a couple of reasons. One, something new. Two, both are getting old but work. Three, kids are older and I have more time to mess around cooking. D, save room on the deck.

But even with all those reasons I could not pull the trigger. So I thought maybe I could add a camp chef sear box to the traeger. What are other's experience with the sear box? Can you grill on it? If I want to cook hamburgers can I use only on the sear box? Is it easy to clean? Would it allow me to get rid of my weber? Is it really only used to sear or can I use it as a grill?

I am officially staying away from all CC products. All sound like well thought out products but quality is not there. Less than one year and my sear box had parts burned through. Yes they sent me replacement parts but dont extend warranty. So basically it will maybe last two years. Every product I have of theirs is crap.

Reactions: Pelagic
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky