Sealing a Grill door

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am 9hr away and even with gas and a hotel I saved 500 on shipping. Here it is picking it up at Craig's shop on a 14ft trailer
20200201_093208.jpg
Attach20805_20200201_095302.jpg

Bring a friend and a wench lol

Reactions: Marknmd
Mine was $1450 not including travel expenses but mines the big one. Displaced Texan Displaced Texan has the next size down. He picked his up as well but maybe he will share his price and freight estimate
Mine was $950 2 years ago. 24x48, triangular exhaust. I wish he knew he would put a hinge on the front shelf.

Also, I would ask him to grind down or do something different so that the ash dump and grease drain are flush with the bottom. I ground down the grease drain myself. Otherwise, it its kind of useless.

I can fly for free, so I flew to Tulsa and rented a Ryder truck. Mistake: the wheelbase of the pit was too big for the ramp. Craig used his tractor and some steel plates for us to get it in there. At home, I got some plywood scraps and a couple guys to help me guide it out.

If you can drive and have trailer like Jake, that would be best.

62880525984__8E0AD154-1553-42A3-9682-B8ABA28E7B89.jpeg

Old and new. You can see the plywood in the background.

IMG_8143.JPG

Last edited:
Displaced I will not have to move it except for when I clean it once or twice a year was thinking I need the 4 wheels. looking at the same size you have.

For sealing the doors on the OKJ you can use permatec RTV gasket seal. Just lay a bead down around the door and put sheet of plastic wrap over it. Close the door and put some weight on the door to make a good seal. Let it sit for 24 hours to set. Do not use it inside the cook chamber.

Chris

Reactions: TNJAKE
You may want to check out UShip. You post the item, addresses and description. The job is bid and you accept the offer. Worked great when I shipped a snowplow. Cash is king.

RG

Reactions: Marknmd
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky