Seafood Diablo BandCollector Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
After checking out Tropics scallop dish I decided to share one with you as well.

When visiting my sister-in-law in Maryland she took my wife and me out to dinner to a restaurant called Timbuktu. I had a pasta dish called Seafood Diablo. I enjoyed it so much I tried to replicate it and must say I came pretty close.

Seafood Diablo BandCollector Style

Ingredients:
Scallops
Clams
Shrimp
Mussels
Fettuccine
Parsley
Red Pepper Flakes (optional) added to Marinara Sauce
1/4 Cup White Wine
Marinara Sauce (Preferably Home Made)

Homemade Marinara Sauce:
1 28-ounce can whole San Marzano tomatoes
1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
7 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 t kosher salt
1 large fresh basil sprig

Since I am landlocked and my wife will not eat clams or mussels (she calls them bait) and fresh seafood runs on the expensive side, I used frozen scallops and shrimp. The clams and mussels were canned seafood.

Prepare Marinara Sauce:
Pour tomatoes into a large bowl and crush with your hands. Pour 1 cup water into can and slosh it around to get tomato juices. Reserve.

In a large skillet (do not use a deep pot) over medium heat, heat the oil. When it is hot, add garlic.

As soon as the garlic is sizzling (do not let it brown), add the tomatoes, then the reserved tomato water. Add the salt and pepper flakes. Stir.

Place basil sprig, including stem, on the surface (like a flower). Let it wilt, and then submerge in sauce. Simmer the sauce until thickened and oil on surface is a deep orange, about 15-20 minutes. Discard the basil when done.

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Saute the Seafood:

Saute the scallops, clams, shrimp, and mussels in butter and olive oil. Add white wine and parsley. Continue sauteing until all liquid has reduced.

IMG_0076.jpg

Place seafood over a bed of Fettuccine and drench in Marinara Sauce.

IMG_0079.jpg

Simple and delicious!

Enjoy. . . . I surely did!

IMG_0080.jpg

Need I say more?

John

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
No pics didn't happen. Just kidding. Sounds like a wonderful meal. I happen to agree with your wife mussels are bait, but I like clams, scallops, and shrimp.

Chris

Sounds good! BTW "diablo" or "diabla" dishes in Mexican restaurants typically use De Arbol peppers. For more info on a peppery tomato-based sauce, look up "Arrabiata"

Sounds good! BTW "diablo" or "diabla" dishes in Mexican restaurants typically use De Arbol peppers. For more info on a peppery tomato-based sauce, look up "Arrabiata"

Thanks Blue,

I do believe that Timbuktu is a seafood restaurant. But the great thing is that I am always learning something here. That's why I love this place!

Also, I am making this dish as we speak so I will post pictures with the complete recipe since Chris (aka gmc2003) doesn't believe it exists. LOL Pictures Posted 2/5/18

John

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing the pic's BandCollector.

I'll give you a point even if you don't post the pic's. The meal just sounds way to good.

Chris

That just looks awesome. I can see why that plate is clean.

Nice job

Loooookiiiiiin goooooood. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Chris

Well John, all I can say is that sounds delicious and looks even better.
I'll be trying this some weekend when Miss Linda is away. I'm the only one who loves seafood.
POINT for this one
Gary

Thanks for the Like (Point) Gary. . . .Enjoy the meal. Too bad Miss Linda isn't a seafood fan!

Loooookiiiiiin goooooood. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Chris

Thanks Chris. . . . .Tastes great too!

John

Awesome meal. Where in MD is this restaurant?

Hey C Farmer that would be an awesome dish in that cast iron pan you have.

Warren

Awesome meal. Where in MD is this restaurant?

Hey C Farmer that would be an awesome dish in that cast iron pan you have.

Warren

Don't know exactly, I think it is near an airport. Google Timbuktu and you should be able to find all the information on the place. It's a nice restaurant.

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky