Scratch Made Pizza on the Weber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
John , that's a good lookin pizza . One of the best I ever made was done on a gas grill with high heat on a stone .
Try fermenting the dough in the fridge for a day or 2 . See how you like it .
Bread maker ? I have an old Black and Decker . Used the dough cycle for alot of years to do pizza .
Last time I was in Goodwill , they were full of them . Some pretty nice ones to .

Nice work on the pizza , lets see the next one .

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
So after trying unsuccessfully to purchase a bread maker (seems like they went the way of yeast, and toilet paper) I borrowed my mother in laws.

Fist thing I did was a pizza dough so I could do a scratch made pizza.

We have done them before with the tube stuff in the oven, but I wanted to do something a bit different.

I decided to do it in the Weber gasser.

I followed the recipe in the user manual/recipe book that came with it (if anyone wants it I can add it to this post).

Here is the dough on the pizza pan we typically use in the oven.
View attachment 448744

8 ounce can salt free tomato sauce, italian seasoning, and garlic
View attachment 448745

Then added Mozzarella cheese (as I read somewhere when doing it on the grill its better to have the cheese closer to the heat source to melt properly), turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers and caramelized onions.
View attachment 448746

And then on to the grill @425 (indirect heat)
View attachment 448747

And here it is after about 24 minutes
View attachment 448748

Off the grill and ready to slice.
View attachment 448749

And final shot...plated with a small salad!
View attachment 448750

I did rotate it half way through the cook to make sure it was done consistently all the way around.

It was really good, and per the boss (Sue) we are having it again this friday. :emoji_laughing:

Next time I am going to do it for 5 minutes less as I was going for a brown crust but it was just a bit too done.

Thanks for lookin'

John
That pizza looks damn tasty! I have made a lot of pizzas but still haven’t got around to doing one on my grill. I need to.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
That's one fine looking pizza John. Nice Job.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks for the like Chris, and nice comments.
John , that's a good lookin pizza . One of the best I ever made was done on a gas grill with high heat on a stone .
Try fermenting the dough in the fridge for a day or 2 . See how you like it .
Bread maker ? I have an old Black and Decker . Used the dough cycle for alot of years to do pizza .
Last time I was in Goodwill , they were full of them . Some pretty nice ones to .

Nice work on the pizza , lets see the next one .
Thanks for the like Rich, doing another one tonight. Next time I will ferment it, too late for this cook.

That pizza looks damn tasty! I have made a lot of pizzas but still haven’t got around to doing one on my grill. I need to.
Thanks for the like Jeff, yes it was damn tasty!

John

Ok, folks here it is slightly different and way better after learning on the first one.
IMG_20200612_170731813.jpg

IMG_20200612_171403027.jpg

IMG_20200612_173425198.jpg

IMG_20200612_173516827.jpg

So instead of a green bell pepper we went with mini peppers on all the pizza and smoked chicken on half for me.

And there was enough for lunch on saturday.

John

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky