Scored some pecan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cwalk

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Little Rock, Arkansas
Just found the mother load of pecan. My uncle has a farm with a few huge pecan trees. The trees are old and are falling down. He said they have been just burning the wood. So i said hold your houses and ill come get whatever falls down, cut it up, or whatever.  I got a bunch here at home now. I have never used pecan but cant wait to try it out. Any reipces or secrets

Congrats on the score.

I have used pecan a couple times and had pretty good luck. Can't say that I have any special secrets.

I use Pecan a lot - no particular order as I have apple - pecan - hickory cherry - orange -just to mention a few - mostly I use a mix of apple and pecan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky