School me on Frito Pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I can get the wolf brand at a local target, might need to score a can and get fritos. Wife is at a business dinner and I be on my own....I have not had fritos in probably 10 years, wonder how corn nuts would go in these?

Reactions: chilerelleno
I can get the wolf brand at a local target, might need to score a can and get fritos. Wife is at a business dinner and I be on my own....I have not had fritos in probably 10 years, wonder how corn nuts would go in these?
I saw this and thought hell yeah, I love Corn Nuts, especially the Chile Picante con Limon,
And they'd be fantastic with chile-n-cheese.

Reactions: clifish
Thanks for all the info! Sounds WAY more casual than expected. Was chilly out last night so decided to use the oven and go a little gourmet LOL. Sorry no fancy plate shot and happy I even remembered to take a pic. This is will in standard rotation for sure! Went with layer of fritos on bottom, half bag of cheese (colby), Wolf chili (no beans), fritos, cheese.

20221013_193827_resized.jpg

Thanks for all the info! Sounds WAY more casual than expected. Was chilly out last night so decided to use the oven and go a little gourmet LOL. Sorry no fancy plate shot and happy I even remembered to take a pic. This is will in standard rotation for sure! Went with layer of fritos on bottom, half bag of cheese (colby), Wolf chili (no beans), fritos, cheese.

View attachment 645888
Looks great to me.

Reactions: zwiller
When I was in my 20's spending my money on guns, dirt bikes, hot rods.... Ahh the good old days. I digress.

In 7-Eleven the condiments are/were free. I'd get a 99c snack bag of Fritos, carefully cut the back of the bag out with knife, taking note to preserve the UPC. Head over to the chili - cheese station and pump proper amounts of each whilst squeezing some of the pickled onions in the packets here and there. Go to checkout, hold up back of bag with UPC for scanning. Done.
$1.05 w/tax gourmet shit there, I don't care who you are 🤣 Enough sodium for a week's RDA

Try these with Crispy Crowns in a CI pan for an easy one pan meal.
Bake the CC's ~ 15 minutes or so, add appropriate cheese, back in oven a minute to melt. This will hold the mess together when slicing. From here you can make anything you want, chili pie, chicken pot pie, Mexican pie, shepherds pie etc....

1665794876426.png 1665795270742.png 1665795328761.png 1665795436128.png

Try these with Crispy Crowns in a CI pan for an easy one pan meal.
Bake the CC's ~ 15 minutes or so, add appropriate cheese, back in oven a minute to melt. This will hold the mess together when slicing. From here you can make anything you want, chili pie, chicken pot pie, Mexican pie, shepherds pie etc....

View attachment 645940 View attachment 645941View attachment 645942View attachment 645943
I assume CC are just flatter round tator tots? never seen them but looks good

Reactions: motocrash
You gotta go next level which is Walking Tacos. Just open the bag, scoop in some chili or taco meat, cheese and onions. Eat with a spoon out of the bag.
This is how I’ve seen it as a kid especially while camping as a scout….. it’s really popular with the youth groups now days as well….(my daughter just did this last week with a group of friends) However, I rarely partook as a kid…..I usually would roast a steak & onions over the fire…. What can is say but cooking meat over a live fire started early for me……. a ham and cheese on a rock was a thing….lol

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky