Scarbelly Wings for friends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
These look and sound amazing!! Definitely going to have to try this method when I get an injector!
Probably one of the best wings I'm made in my smoker! The only thing i can think of improving it would be little more heat in the injection and if only my MES 30in could go up higher to crisp up the outside of them

Probably one of the best wings I'm made in my smoker! The only thing i can think of improving it would be little more heat in the injection and if only my MES 30in could go up higher to crisp up the outside of them

Ya I would have the same problem with temps as I too have a MES 30. I have heard of others doing a quick crisp on a hot grill or even a quick deep fry to crisp the skin up after smoking. I would think the hot grill would make quick work and compliment the smoked flavour. Definitely on my "to-smoke" list :)

The last time I made these for a football party at my house I made 14 lbs of them in 3 flavors: Franks as the recipe says and the second was Sweet Baby Rays, and the third was with Cholula. Oh My! The Cholula is my favorite, but I wont turn down any of them!

Not trying to drop in on a old thread but i was searching for a wing recipe for new years and i just found it! I'm doing half with franks and the creole butter injection and then the other half with sweet baby rays and the creole butter ( as an experiment)
You won't be sorry!

The last time I made these for a football party at my house I made 14 lbs of them in 3 flavors: Franks as the recipe says and the second was Sweet Baby Rays, and the third was with Cholula. Oh My! The Cholula is my favorite, but I wont turn down any of them!
I wish I'd been invited!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky