sawdust source?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Whatever you do, DON"T use sawdust from a lumber yard.
Pressure treated lumber has bad stuff added to it that you don't want around food.

Anyone know of a source for sawdust that works in the original 6x6 unit now that Tod's new partner has discontinued it? Thanks!
Not sure where you are, but there's a custom cabinet shop near me that makes oak cabinets and I can get all the sawdust that I want. I just don't have a need for it.

IIRC there's another source or two but I've had a bit more alchiehol than I should have imbibed,

Interesting... I'm trying different things with my amnps and was thinking about trying sawdust. The ones sold at that link say "Just dampen and allow to smolder" which makes me wonder about what is damp when it comes to dust?

Also late to this but I bought the stuff from LEM and it didn’t work. Bought the kingsford 100% hickory pellets and made my own. I’m hoping to mix the LEM stuff in to make the stuff I made last longer and not waste it.

Interesting... I'm trying different things with my amnps and was thinking about trying sawdust. The ones sold at that link say "Just dampen and allow to smolder" which makes me wonder about what is damp when it comes to dust?

Damp sawdust ??? Sawdust must be dry to smolder in the 6x6 or 5x7..
i get pellets from Amaz-N... Wet them... they fall apart then they go on a sheet tray and in the oven at 275F...

Pellet dust in my maze.... Pack it down so it smolders well...
Pellet Dust 3.JPG

Last edited:
I made some from a mix of cherry and cob. I over did it and ended up with a butt ton of dust. Ran out of room in the oven for sheet pans.

A bag of decent pellets and a cheap blender and you'll have all the dust you want in moments.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky