• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Saved the Gobbler

IA pigsNcrops

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 6, 2019
This has been on my bucket list for a long time, so last summer when we butchered a pig, I had them cut one pork crown roast out. We had Thanksgiving last Sundays at my parents, so I smoked a spatchcocked turkey for that dinner.

Now on to today, I figured perfect time to take an item off the bucket list. I got the crown roast out Monday, thawed, and injected with a brine mixture. This morning mixed up fresh herbs and garlic to make a paste, evenly coating both sides of the roasts.

On the smoker at 225 degrees using hickory and a smoke tube. Currently IT at 104 degrees heading to 140 target, then a wrap and rest. 20201126_095221.jpg

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Those look great . Watching .

IA pigsNcrops

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 6, 2019
The journey is complete, turned out excellent and very tender. I encourage giving a crown rack a try. Excellent smoke ring, thanks to the help of the smoke tube. There is noticeable difference using fresh herbs, both taste and presentation. Thanks for stopping by. 20201126_123149.jpg 20201126_123349.jpg

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Oh yeah ,, you nailed that !

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks very good! I need to do one of these sooner or later.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Looking good enough to eat, Happy Thanksgiving!
Nice smoke on those.

I too love a good Rack of Pork Loin, I buy them from Costco whenever I see them.

bDuA1UY.jpg

XCDUyye.jpg

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.