Sausage stuffer ???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use a folding table as well. It either needs to be clamped, bolted or held down by another person in my opinion.
[/QUOTE

Ok thanks....mostly will be doing by myself so I will clamp it down for now.....any chance you have pics of your set up? Can you reverse the cannister? Seems awkward with the handle being on my left

As far as I know you can’t swap handle or container locations. Here’s a picture of mine clamped down.
View attachment 432218
View attachment 432218
9767FB32-6F95-49D7-9B88-12C099F582B2.jpeg

You would think that you could rotate the tank for either righties or lefties. My Hakka knock off does.

I have a folding plastic table I plan on using with the stuffer. But may just use it on my dining room table tomorrow....does it need to be fastened down?

I have a buddy that bolted his to a table like mine and says it works well....but my table will need to be taken down when not in use so I haven't drilled the holes yet

For your folding table, consider using the PVC pipe table leg modification to raise the working height. This will have much less strain on your back.

Reactions: Mastercaster
Used the sausage stuffer for the first time today....it worked flawlessly and did 25 pounds of deer sticks. They are in the fridge till tomorrow and then will go in the oven tomorrow night

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_125338516.jpg
    IMG_20200214_125338516.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20200214_143927162.jpg
    IMG_20200214_143927162.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20200214_124002587_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20200214_124002587_TOP.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 69
PERFECT ... (almost) And it was to easy... wasn't it ?? Those look great... remember to always get them as tight as possible if you want a smooth exterior of the stick when finished.. or not so tight if you want more of a wrinkled/shrunk finish ...

Are you going to hang them or lay flat to cook ??

What about air bubbles... did you get to experience any of that ? Packing the meat in the can (in small quantities until full) and getting all the air out is the trick... next time you order casings/seasonings and such... look for and pick up a sausage prick...

For your folding table, consider using the PVC pipe table leg modification to raise the working height. This will have much less strain on your back.

I whole heartedly agree with this one.. I think it's 1 1/2" PVC that fits/slides over the legs.. Have to play with the length to fit your height.. I will say though I like a lower table when I do all my hand mixing ... higher table when stuffing ...

Used the sausage stuffer for the first time today....it worked flawlessly and did 25 pounds of deer sticks. They are in the fridge till tomorrow and then will go in the oven tomorrow night
They look great! I’ve found that each time I stuff it gets easier. Let us know how your sticks turn out.

PERFECT ... (almost) And it was to easy... wasn't it ?? Those look great... remember to always get them as tight as possible if you want a smooth exterior of the stick when finished.. or not so tight if you want more of a wrinkled/shrunk finish ...

What about air bubbles... did you get to experience any of that ? Packing the meat in the can (in small quantities until full) and getting all the air out is the trick... next time you order casings/seasonings and such... look for and pick up a sausage prick...

I whole heartedly agree with this one.. I think it's 1 1/2" PVC that fits/slides over the legs.. Have to play with the length to fit your height.. I will say though I like a lower table when I do all my hand mixing ... higher table when stuffing ...

On my first casing I had it blow ooen. It split right down the middle! Not sure if that was an air bubble...but after that I would push some meat out, back out , twist the end and then firm it up and never had another blow out

[/QUOTE

Will be cooking them flat in the oven

I got the sticks cooked last night in the oven!!!took over 4 hours mainly cause I had 25 pounds jammed in there....suppose to only take 2 hours. I would rotate them at an hour, then check them at 2 hours...some were done so pulled them and continued the process. With the cure and mix probably would of been fine but didn't like the color.

I got them all packaged and vacuum sealed tonight! And 31 packages in the freezer. They are so damn good that they basically were my supper!

That pic with the 2 bags is zip lock on right and a bag from vacmaster and I must say the ziplock is so much heavier duty and vacuums better!!! I have had the vacmaster bags for a few years and only reason I have ziplock is cause I needed bags in December to seal up my venison loins, backstraps and roasts. Menards only sells the ziplock ones so I went with them! I cleaned out my freezer recently and defrosted it and those cuts are still perfect from vacuum them in December! I can't say that be the truth if I had use food saver bags. I have always had them unseal or get air in them!!! Anyone else notice this?

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_164716125.jpg
    IMG_20200216_164716125.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20200216_175102798.jpg
    IMG_20200216_175102798.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20200216_172156639.jpg
    IMG_20200216_172156639.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 63
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky