Sausage, steak, & pepperoni pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
Well my wife had to work last night so I thought it was time for a homemade pizza. Sausage was Dakota sausage from Owen's BBQ, sirloin steak with onions sliced thin (leftover from cheesesteaks done on Blackstone) , and pepperoni. Also mushrooms and onion. Pizza dough was Italian pizza dough mix from Prepared Pantry (my 1st time using it). Mixed the dough in kitchen aid then let rise. Thanks to a post from BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma I decided it was a good time to use my cast iron pizza pan. So while dough was rising I preheated pizza pan in 425 degree oven. After the dough had doubled in size I stretched it out on a piece of parchment paper to let rise again

20211222_232510.jpg

Then added pizza sauce...thankfully we had some, didn't plan ahead at all. If not I was going for the meat sauce my wife makes for lasagna and spaghetti. And sausage browned on Blackstone

20211222_232854.jpg

Next mushrooms and onions, along with sliced steak, a little smoked mozzarella and then the pepperoni

20211222_234408.jpg

Topped off with smoked mozzarella and cheddar

20211222_235004.jpg

Slid the pizza off the parchment paper onto pan and baked roughly 25 minutes

20211223_001446.jpg

Crust was perfect! Little brown on bottom giving a nice crunch

20211223_001501.jpg

Very filling, could only eat 3 pieces!

20211223_013109.jpg

Now as I enjoy making my own pizza dough, but this stuff was amazing! Directions say it will make one thick crust like mine or 2 thin crust pizzas.
That's it for this one...thanks for stopping!

Wish you all a very merry Christmas!

Ryan

Nice pizza , almost enough cheese ha ha ,
Looks great , nice when we can cook what we want when alone, and as spicy, without other input

Merry Christmas to you Ryan and your family

David
Thanks David! I did think about adding more cheese lol! My wife would've enjoyed this...she just hates when I make certain things, like this or anything with lots of carbs...she thinks it's bad for her figure. But she enjoys them as much as me!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Good looking pie. Meaty :emoji_thumbsup:
Thank you, I appreciate it! I had a package of little smokies that almost made it on there too! Just got lazy and didn't wanna cut them up.

Ryan

Fantastic . I'll be mixing up some dough today .
Thanks Rich! I almost kinda, sorta, feel a little guilty for not making my own...nope I lied! I have an Italian and herb mix left yet but from the wife's comments it might go for calzones! The parchment paper trick works well!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky