Sausage maker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey, I was there getting some supplies just last week!  The old Clinton / Bailey farmers market, really brought back memories.  Even though I live in the area I haven't been down there since before I was married, maybe 15 years, although now that I'm getting back into this I'll be going there more often,.

Way back when I was 13 a friend and I used to get up at 3:00 AM on Saturdays to help a local farmer takes his produce down there to sell.  We would just carry stuff out to cars and do general gopher stuff, but we made a few bucks.  A few years later I started working at a produce market and after I got my drivers license I would start at 5:00 in the morning to go pick up supplies from there.  I'm not proud to admit it, but there were some Saturdays and Sundays that I would just stay up from a long night out, splash some water on my face, brush my teeth and go directly to work. Back then (mid '70's) the farmer's market was hopping, it's a ghost town now, but it had me thinking about those days.

I was there to get some cure #1 and a hydrometer, they were cheaper than Amazon.  Picked up a couple of mesh bags too, I'm going to be trying my first picnic ham in a couple of weeks.

Hey, I was there getting some supplies just last week!  The old Clinton / Bailey farmers market, really brought back memories.  Even though I live in the area I haven't been down there since before I was married, maybe 15 years, although now that I'm getting back into this I'll be going there more often,.

Way back when I was 13 a friend and I used to get up at 3:00 AM on Saturdays to help a local farmer takes his produce down there to sell.  We would just carry stuff out to cars and do general gopher stuff, but we made a few bucks.  A few years later I started working at a produce market and after I got my drivers license I would start at 5:00 in the morning to go pick up supplies from there.  I'm not proud to admit it, but there were some Saturdays and Sundays that I would just stay up from a long night out, splash some water on my face, brush my teeth and go directly to work. Back then (mid '70's) the farmer's market was hopping, it's a ghost town now, but it had me thinking about those days.

I was there to get some cure #1 and a hydrometer, they were cheaper than Amazon.  Picked up a couple of mesh bags too, I'm going to be trying my first picnic ham in a couple of weeks.
I'm not from that area. I am a route supervisor for a linen company out of rochester. I was in the area checking on some accounts and took the opportunity to pick up some casings and cure #1. That area looks like it the place to be back in the day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky