Saturday & Sunday dinners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2017
San Francisco East Bay area, CA
This is what I was planning for Labor day weekend: chicken quarters and a Tri-Tip steak.
Bought chicken quarters last Wednesday and brined them (with injection) using Pop's brine till Saturday. SV-ed them for three and a half ours at 160F. Out of SV. Added some fresh minced garlic and some granulated onion right under the skin and in smoker at 245F for two hours. During last hour glazed them with Jeff's BBQ sauce...
Very tender and juicy quarters... Happy with the result:
IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

While waiting for chicken quarters to be done cooked some Pepper Thai paste:
Just Chili Thai Peppers (two kinds of them), a lot of garlic, some salt and a little of vinegar and olive oil. Through food processor and then cooked it on the pan for 10 min and in a jars.
Liked it a lot: just peppers and garlic taste. No one but me can handle this stuff.... I has enough of heat..
IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

Now it's Sunday and the dinner was on my list as well:
Bought trimmed Tri-Tip, in the vacuum bag and SV-ed both pieces for 24 hours, starting Saturday... I am sorry I don't have too many picks on preparation - only the end result.
Closer to the end of SV cooking, deep fried some potatoes wages:
IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1884.jpg

This was real good! Yumm! Thank you for watching...

Oh yeah!. This is 3 posts worth. First off, the chicken looks scrumptious. Second, the Thai pepper paste. I've always smoked and dehydrated them then ground them up. I will try your version this fall. question though, do you de-stem them or grind them as in the picture? And finally those TriTips look perfect. I look the bark on it!
Don

Reactions: pushok2018
That all looks great but to be honest I'm curious how hot that Chile Thai sauce is but those chilies look so good? The really nice color on that chicken was pure BBQ. Very nice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky