Saturday Smoke will be Gator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Go Gators !!!

I'm going to watch your thread too, plenty of gator in this part of the country but like someone else mentioned low and slow equals rubber. Even over frying lizard meat can make it rubbery. Cooked just right its the best though and I for one don't think it "tastes like chicken". I'm also giving you points just for trying this, be sure and post with some Qview!
NavionJim

Yeah...yuck it up but this year is different.......heck you guys still getting over the sting of losing to michigan?!?!?!?
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

PS...TEBOW still sux!

Yep, atleast Michigan has a team.
biggrin.gif
You gotten over the sting of losing 3 National Championships to SEC teams?

Alas, we shouldn't derail this thread. We'll have plenty of time for football coming up.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Hi just a update on Saturday smoke.

1/4 cups Salt
3/4 cups Sugar
Lemon juice to taste
1/4 Tbs Black pepper
1/2 Tbs Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbs onion Powder
1 Tbs Tarragon Leaves
1/2 Ts Seasoned Pepper
1/2 Ts Lemon Pepper
1/2 ts Cayen Pepper
1 Tbs Poultry Seasoning

Brine

Shrimp Wrap

Dry Rub

Gator will be ready to take out of brine around 9:00Pm. will wash
and let Dry for a couple of hrs then dry rub and wrap. Will start my
smoking around 7:00am hope it will all come together by 12

Wow Butch,

Nothing Like Fresh Gator. Did He Get In The Pool And Made Ya Mad Or Did You Go Get'm In Swamp. Cool Smoke. Nice To See Something Different.

The taste was great on all of the smoke. The gator was smoke until cust form, then cool cut and breaded with cornmeal and deepfried, it was great just the right amount of smoke taste and boy was is it juicie, while smoking had it under the bacon wrap shrimp and oyster.

no WaysideRanch lucky there a gator farm just around the bend, and the old boy just like
my smoke gator jerk, and pulled pork.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky