Saturday Ribs on the Offset

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks fantastic Ray! I almost fired up the Lang this AM. Have a few racks of BB’s in the freezer. Definitely gonna do a rack in the next few days for sure! Hope mine look as good as yours! Al

That's the great thing about living in a climate such as the ones we live in Al, it's never too cold to fire up the smoker, the smoking season never ends. Of course it gets a little warm for some folks, but not for me. Soon it'll be shorts and sandals for six months, jumping in the pool a half dozen times a day. Oh, and thanks for the Like Al, it is much appreciated. RAY

When I quit smoking 7 years ago I also stopped buying cigars regularly. Now I just buy a few and have one a month or so.

Alrighty. Was just curious in that I'd never heard you mention it before. Now I know why :emoji_wink: I don't go through very many either. Used to burn a bunch of them but now it's only once in a while after a massive steak dinner.

Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
Alrighty. Was just curious in that I'd never heard you mention it before. Now I know why :emoji_wink: I don't go through very many either. Used to burn a bunch of them but now it's only once in a while after a massive steak dinner. Robert

I used to go thru a couple of boxes of Churchills a year along with a few Cubans I'd bring back from Mexico every year. I've had one sitting on the patio table since I quit cigarettes over two months ago, have no urge to smoke at all now. On the bright side, the grocery store shelves were packed this morning, I scored a head of cabbage and now will have some slaw to go with the leftover ribs. I need to make a batch of buns too, thaw out some pulled pork for sammys with slaw! RAY

Now that's a picture perfect plate! Like!
I never thought about which way my offset was sitting. Duh! It fits handiest on my patio with the firebox to the south so that's how I've used it. If there's any wind at all I get backdrafts (wind is primarily from the west here). I can sit it so the box is to the west though and it would still be handy. I'm going to try it next smoke....

Now that's a picture perfect plate! Like!
I never thought about which way my offset was sitting. Duh! It fits handiest on my patio with the firebox to the south so that's how I've used it. If there's any wind at all I get backdrafts (wind is primarily from the west here). I can sit it so the box is to the west though and it would still be handy. I'm going to try it next smoke....

If I get a breeze it's usually from the west. I don't know why I turned my smoker around but when I did it made a big difference in the smoke. I usually get the SQ36 dialed in about a hour after I start the fire, get the vents set to about a third open and never have to touch them the remainder of the smoke. I had the vents wide open at times yesterday, and my splits were taking a lot longer to catch the flame, I thought they might be a little wet but I know they aren't. Now things are back the way they were. Thanks for the Like Mose, much appreciated. RAY

On the bright side, the grocery store shelves were packed this morning, I scored a head of cabbage and now will have some slaw to go with the leftover ribs.

Wow. You know things are getting weird when you consider finding a head of cabbage at the grocery store a "score". Amazing how our perceptions can change so fast. Things we've taken for granted for so long are now considered precious. I know I'll never take for granted again the lifestyle that's always been the status quo. Your comment here Ray really hit home and made me open my eyes just a bit wider.

Now to get back on track, do I have time to get there for dinner? :emoji_wink: Loves me some slaw and ribs!! Hopefully beans are on the menu also.

Loading up the travel humidor and the Booker's,
Robert

Wow. You know things are getting weird when you consider finding a head of cabbage at the grocery store a "score". Amazing how our perceptions can change so fast. Things we've taken for granted for so long are now considered precious. I know I'll never take for granted again the lifestyle that's always been the status quo. Your comment here Ray really hit home and made me open my eyes just a bit wider. Now to get back on track, do I have time to get there for dinner? :emoji_wink: Loves me some slaw and ribs!! Hopefully beans are on the menu also.
Loading up the travel humidor and the Booker's, Robert

That's one of the things my wife Jan keeps worrying about Robert, will life ever go back to the way it was before all this began. Me, I don't worry, it's going to be whatever it is whether I worry of not. A road trip would be a nice cure for the cabin fever that's setting in! RAY

It will be a while before life gets back to where it was. The whole planet is going through chaos.
My wife keeps checking the news and getting more worried by the day. Like you, Ray, I figure it is what it is. Learn to live with it.
I did our last shopping Thursday morning and am going nuts stuck in the house. I'm actually excited about making a run tomorrow morning LOL.
Cabbage is on my list....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky