Santa Maria build for the Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0256.JPG

I made the ring just a little larger diameter than the weber grate for a couple reasons...to have a lip for keeping brats and hotdogs from rolling off...and to be able to use the stander size weber grate. I will weld tabs on the bottom of the ring and the grate just sits on the tabs in the ring. when it needs to be replaced I can buy them at all the stores and not have a odd size one. Its just zippy tied in the pics.

And the base ring I made it larger so it fit a 55 gallon barrel, campground fire rings or just concrete blocks stacked on the ground.

made this to weld to the top bar. IMG_0274.JPG .anybody have any cool ideas for a wheel for lifting it up and down? I want to do a wheel style instead of the crank style. share your ideas to me and I can cut one out. thinking about a 10-12 inch size.

Reactions: fullborebbq
I'm in the marine industry, (Boat carpenter), and know a guy nearby who has a large waterjet. He does some amazing work with it.

I like your Trojan helmet and the Pheasant on the back wall.

Reactions: ritchierich
santt.png santt.png sant.png Painted! Got a new grate for the project. I am glad I made it so the grate can be removed and replaced easy. It sits on tabs in the ring. Uses the weber 22 stock grate. The cast iron replacement they sell would be awesome too. Wheel and burn off up next.

Reactions: 73saint and weev
I'm in the marine industry, (Boat carpenter), and know a guy nearby who has a large waterjet. He does some amazing work with it.

I like your Trojan helmet and the Pheasant on the back wall.
You making me homesick seeing your location....Born and raised in hendersonville nc

Found an antique flywheel on eBay from out west and a 18 inch weber on Craigslist for 15$(just for the lid) to finish up! IMG_0292.JPG IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0294.JPG not going to paint the wheel.Will place the wheel in closer and cut the shaft shorter. Going to burn off and do the first of many cooks on next weekend! And probably make a few more haha! First up....Tri Tip with Susie Qs Seasoning just got in. And beans.

Reactions: fullborebbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky