Salvageable?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Shurley88

Original poster
Oct 11, 2017
Long story short I harvested 2 pigs on the 6th. Got them home and had them on ice and in fridge while making them into sausage. Well I only got the sow done last night but forgot to pull the boar out of the freezer, I had both in there chilling and seasoned but not ground yet. So the boar is in my freezer in a bag cubed up and seasoned and now frozen, would I be good to thaw it back out and turn into sausage and freeze again? I hope so. Not smoking this sausage though incase that matters. Thanks.

I see nothing wrong at all. Welcome to country life. If it’s been under refrigeration or frozen, just carry on and finish it.

I do it all the time . I have pork chunks frozen in bags that weigh 2 1/2 pounds each .
I think that's what I'm gonna do is just split it up like that invac seal bags while it's frozen but not freezer burned yet. Thanks for the replies everybody.

Reactions: chopsaw
I do 2 1/2 pound packs vac sealed , because I use Marianski's formulas and they are based around that weight . This way I can thaw and make whatever I need or want .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky