Salt Crusted Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Me too Warren, salty is good.
Did you check out the ribs yet?

I know I'd love these, but I can't do it.
My BP last night was higher than ever---Up to 188/108.
I had to jack up my Labetolol dosage.
Back down to my Normal High, instead of Super-High.
Used to eat all the Fat & Salt I wanted until that Dreaded "Nov 8, 2012".

Bear

These make a great side for summertime eating. I can't really do the salt anymore but I do make an exception a couple times of year for these.
Here's a little write up of a local company that is kind of famous around these part for there salt potatoes;
http://syracusesaltco.com/blog/2016/5/12/salt-potatoes
I tried this recipe tonight and liked it.
But I wanted more salt as it leaves a very light film of salt.
Regardless, it was good with melted butter and red pepper.

5jXrBne.jpg

I did his chilerelleno chilerelleno , used the light salted method then let them cool and put on smoker @ 375f To crisp the skin. They come out great.

could taste the salt, I love salt and these had plenty.

thanks for the method.

I like the added Herbs. They sell a Kit here. Small Potatoes with a 2 cup bag of Salt in the bag. A NY thing that made it farther South. They are really good but I want to try the Pan Method...JJ

I've made these in the Instant Pot before but they don't come out as salty as I'd like. The pan method sounds better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky