Salmon fit for a Queen

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coz

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Montello,Wi
This was in a magazine a year or two ago and is a favorite at our house.

Start with a fillet from a 8# or bigger fish and remove the bones which if you cut them out leaves a nice "V" groove which I extend all the way to the tail as it leaves more room for the crab mix.season the fillet with what you prefer We like adobo with white pepper and a little old bay.
Mix together crab meat and dried bread crumbs with just enuff mayonnaise to hold together.Now take the stuffing and fill thee "V" in the fish.
Take enuff raw,peeled and deviened shrimp to cover the fish and if you have more of crab mix left you can put it on top the fish also.
While the fillet is grilling drizze seasoned butter over the top frequently,we use the same seasoning that we use on the fillet mixed with melted butter.
I prefer indirect heat for cooking this fish.When the fish is flaky take a large spatula and slide it between the fillet and the skin and put serving size portions on a platter.Serve with melted butter.

Trying to add a pic
318f2050_vbattach11466.jpg

ec0430c6_vbattach11465.jpg

58111863_vbattach11330.jpg

fa67b44d_vbattach11329.jpg

f2ee1f86_vbattach11189.jpg

d393dc5f_vbattach11188.jpg

f0a3a674_vbattach11047.jpg

c1643dfb_vbattach11046.jpg

From one Joe to another - I'd have to say "Well Nourished" .. if you know what I mean

Keep Smokin

Not sure where the name came from the recipe was from Great Lakes Angler magazine.It was the suggested recipe for mothers day a couple years ago.I usually make 2 as the leftovers are great for several days.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky