Salmon and steelhead smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Carpenter Gary

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 1, 2019
Michigan
Good morning everyone, getting ready to hot smoke some salmon and steelhead for Father's day,wet brined the salmon and 1steelhead, trying a dry brine on the other steelhead, waiting for the pellicle to form, looking forward to see the finished product.

Man Steelehead is my favorite fish to catch. Great runs in the fall in the rivers near me. Wish I had a chance to go more often. Looking forward to pics of your cook.

I've been tried to upload a pic having problems either with our internet or this site

Attachments

• IMG_20190615_091129.jpg
    IMG_20190615_091129.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Sal Barsanti
Looks good. When you say hot smoke, what kind of temp range do you plan to smoke it in? Will this be an entree dish or finger food? Don't forget to post pics of the finished product.

Thanks,I smoked it for my sister and brother in law, myself not a huge fish guy,I'm more about beef lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky