Salccicia Napolitana Dolce (Sweet Naples Salami)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Salccicia Napolitana Dolce is done. 40% weight loss ...

IMG_20210207_175510.jpg

IMG_20210207_175502.jpg

Very good. The light cold smoke is a nice finish. The fat is buttery from the aging. maybe a tad too much garlic, but it's a good salami.

Reactions: ChrisLane
Thanks for the laugh Indaswamp but I do eat garlic cloves as a snack.
Good way to keep people 6' away during this covic thing. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Warren

It's amazing what another 5% drying does to flavor in salami. That Napolitana is outstanding @40%. I will let all them finish at 40%, then vac seal...

This is another superb appearing salami - I would make this one next but it appears to have almost identical ingredients to the Cacciatorini salami that I made for my first attempt. I hope mine turns out this well.

Thanks M&M! Is your Cacciatorini cold smoked?
No, I had too many wheels in motion early on. My focus was on keeping things cold and keeping my ducks in a row working through the basic processes. I finally bought a cold smoke generator (hexagonal tube style) last week and put 4 hours smoke on my slow cured Pepperoni as well as a Coppa that was just finishing week two in the fridge. I was worried I wouldn't like too much smoke on them so I opted for just four hours early on. I'll add more time in the smoke in the future depending on my initial results. I have guarded expectations for my first few ferments. If I get to the point that I can produce Salami like yours, I'll be 100% satisfied. My fingers are crossed.

Here's my current work (left to right)- 2 Coppa (one smoked), Cacciatore (ini), Fuet Spanish Salami (from Maranski book), and Curry Salami (my own experiment since I adore Indian cuisine) in hog 29 - 32mm casings, and Pepperoni (half the recipe smoked, the other not). I've got a lot more room in there but I have no one to eat all this with so I'm slowing down till I make a dent in the current load. Notice the humidity sensors - my readings had a lot of variance when placed high and low so I moved them right into the heart of the mix to get a better feel of what the salami are experiencing as they dry.

Attachments

• salumi.jpg
    salumi.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky