Sad day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
For Fathers Day, my wife bought me a Weber Kamado. However, she said there was one stipulation. I had to start clearing out some of my other grills/smokers. I guess I did not realize how many I had accumulated over the years. Between the garage and pole barn, we had 10 grills/smokers

Brinkman portable gas
Weber portable gas
14' weber smokey joe
18" Weber Kettle
22' Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis Gold- gas
30" MES
Louisianna Davey Crocket-Pellet
Blazn Grill Works Grid Iron- Pellet
Weber Genesis Kamado

I tried to explain to her that each unit had its purpose, but I wasn't able to win that debate.
I do get to keep all the pellet grills and the weber genesis gold gas grill.
I guess the Kamado does replace the other charcoal grills so I'm okay seeing them go also.
She spent all day yesterday cleaning them up so they can go on Craigslist. The MES sold first.
The kids get to decide if they want any of the charcoal grills for college, otherwise, they go on the sale block.

I just have no words to express how heartbroken I am for you! Sorry for your loss Sir.
Jim

• Haha
Reactions: olaf
5Pc2YKDA5rbs4gprEQiL4b-480-80.gif

My deepest condolences sir. Remember all the good times and try not to look back.

Last edited:
mrad, conspire with your kids. Tell them to take them and in a couple or three years, they can "gift" them back to you. I mean really, were we not taught to accept gifts that are given in love? :emoji_sunglasses:
With the toys (I mean TOOLS) that I have, Ma Dutch asked me the other day if I wanted a pellet grill. I'm surprised she asked me. I must still be in shock 'cuz I haven't gave her an answer yet. Right now it's a matter of where am I going to put it.

May God have Mercy on the souls of your smokers........
Hopefully the new one can take some of the sting out of losing the older ones......

Love the idea of gifting them to kids or friends who can return them later lol!! For some reason the one thing I seem to be able to buy without repercussion is smokers. Congrats on the new one though right!?!

Trying to replace a Smokey Joe with a Kamado is pure folly.
Nothing beats SmokeyJoe for burgers and steaks, in fact, I prefer chicken on mine over all others and I have a fleet of cookers at my beck and call.

Ma Dutch asked me the other day if I wanted a pellet grill. I'm surprised she asked me. I must still be in shock 'cuz I haven't gave her an answer yet. Right now it's a matter of where am I going to put it.

Umm.... my garage? :emoji_laughing:

Best regards to all,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky