Sacramento, CA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JAllen

Original poster
Jul 13, 2023
I have had a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker (MB20070512) for years that lost its control board this weekend, and I have learned there is not a replacement available. I have been trying to buy a new Masterbuilt Electric Smoker, MB20074719, and I cannot find one anywhere, including the Masterbuilt Website, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot. Would anyone know if this smoker is still being manufactured? I enjoy smoking ribs and tri-tips, but would like to expand the meats I smoke once I get a new smoker. I generally use fruit wood pellets.

Welcome from Mississippi! Some guys on here may be able to walk you through rewiring your cooker.

Jim

Welcome to the group from New Mexico.
Several people here have replaced their controllers.
JC in GB JC in GB has a tutorial about building a PID controller.

Reactions: JC in GB
You could bypass all the original wiring and connect a new power cord directly to the smoker's heating element. Then get an Auber PID controller to plug the new power cord into. All done.

You could bypass all the original wiring and connect a new power cord directly to the smoker's heating element. Then get an Auber PID controller to plug the new power cord into. All done.
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will look into that. If I can get that to work, I will. I would still like to buy a new smoker as well. Just puzzled why I cannot find the newer version of what I have anywhere.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky