Running Pellet Grill with Stack at 90° Angle?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cptnding

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2021
With the forced air system in pellet grills does anyone know of a reason NOT to put the smoke stack at a 90° angle instead of straight up? Especially when there's the threat of rain.

It already is at 90° coming out the back and straight up on mine. Be a 45 or something other than 90 if it leaned less than out and straight up

It already is at 90° coming out the back and straight up on mine. Be a 45 or something other than 90 if it leaned less than out and straight up
What I'm thing of is running it in this position:

IMG_3721.jpg

You can try, but I think draft may be an issue. Heat rises and that keeps the air flowing through the grill. I get what you are saying now, though.

Rain would likely not get in much around the cap on my stack the way it angles down.

I would think it would need to point up at least some for a good draft to get the smoke out. Unless it was a down pour I would worry too much, maybe 45* angle but not level. Mine has a cap.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky