rubber/silicone food/grill gloves

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
hey y'all,
sorry to be redundant. I've has a pair of rubber/silicone gloves that I've severely mistreated. I mainly use them to lift butts. and food off the grill/smoker. I've mistreated them by picking up grates, and they've turned into stiff plastic"tinhgs. I've looked on amazon, but there are great deal of idiots reviewing things.
I don't want the cloth ones with silicone inserts. any recommendations? they need to be flexible because my stroked out left hand is a real circus with most gloves. I have great fire handling leather-ish gloves but not for food handling.
thsnks all.

The last time I was in Georgia visiting my daughter. I was making something on their kettle. While filling up the charcoal baskets with fully lit coals a few of them managed to miss the baskets. So I borrowed his Q'ing gloves and picked up the lit coals and put them back into the baskets. I also rearranged the baskets to better serve my needs. I was surprised that I felt no heat at all, and mentioned to my SIL that I really liked his gloves. Low and behold the week after we returned home I got a package from him. It was a pair of the Q'ing gloves. They fit, and I can easily move hot things on my grills.

These are the gloves that I use. Also my hands are large enough to palm a regulation size basketball. I'm pretty sure there from a company called Geekhom and only cost about 10.00 bucks.

View attachment 635027

Chris

those might work for me. I have two leaher par that i handle coals with, but don't waant to handle food with. I love my welding type gloves. my rubber ones are slicker than owl shit, but great for pulling pork, or grabbing a brisket off the smoker.

I too had a pair of silicone gloves that turned to stone with time. Replaced them with a gray pair like the ones Kilo Charlie posted (I have XL hands). Not great for detail work, but absolutely essential for oven and smoker pans. I bought my kids husbands the same pair and they all consider them essential. I've had mine for several years and they are as pliable today as when they were new.

hey y'all,
sorry to be redundant. I've has a pair of rubber/silicone gloves that I've severely mistreated. I mainly use them to lift butts. and food off the grill/smoker. I've mistreated them by picking up grates, and they've turned into stiff plastic"tinhgs. I've looked on amazon, but there are great deal of idiots reviewing things.
I don't want the cloth ones with silicone inserts. any recommendations? they need to be flexible because my stroked out left hand is a real circus with most gloves. I have great fire handling leather-ish gloves but not for food handling.
thsnks all.
I use the 14" rapicca gloves

had a pair of those saved in my list. just clicked. thank you
I use these. Have had them for many years. You will feel heat if you hold on to a very hot surface for too long. My biggest issue is cleaning and drying the inside. I usually throw them into the dishwasher and have to fold them inside out for 3-4 days to dry the inside.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky