rub for pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

markeli

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 5, 2006
Magna, UT
I need some suggestions on some rubs for 140 pounds of pulled pork for the family renunion. my wife wants some new ideas for rubs for boston butt for pulled pork.

Mark

For a quick and easy rub you can use equal parts of:

Black Pepper
Paprika Pepper
Coarse Kosher Salt
Brown Sugar

and add a little Cayanne for heat.

When I do this rub I like to cut back a little on the salt and add some extra white sugar in it's stead.

I posted this a while back under the pork section. I tried it on some ribs. I have since used this on everything from pulled pork to chicken. I absolutely love the flavor of theis rub. It has worked well on everything. Even grilled boneless breasts. I have 3 slabs of baby backs sitting in the fridge awaiting some smoke this afternoon.

2 LBS Sugar
8 ozs Season Salt
2 ozs Paprika
2 ozs Chili Powder
2 ozs Ground Black Pepper
1/2 ozs Garlic Salt
1/2 ozs Onion Powder
1 oz Cumin

You can cut it down to whatever quantity you may need, but I make the whole batch and vacuum seal in mason jars.

This s a great base recipe and you can add whatever unique touches you want to it such as basil, oregano, rosemary, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne, different paprika's and so on. Just add small amounts at a time such as a teaspoon - you want to avoid any over-dominant flavour.

• 1/2 cup White sugar
  • 1/2 cup Brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup Celery powder
  • 1/3 cup Granulated garlic
  • 1/4 cup Onion powder
  • 1/4 cup Course Salt - sea salt or kosher
  • 1/3 cup Seasoned salt - homemade or store bought
  • 1/3 cup Chili powder
  • 1/3 cup Course Ground Black pepper
  • 1/3 cup Paprika

Here is a rub I like on pulled pork. You may need to scale it up for 140 pounds. I usually get 6-8 butts rubbed with this amount

Meowey's BBQ Rub Plus

INGREDIENTS:

2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
¼ cup paprika

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky