Royal Oak Discontinued?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Right now I've got a combination of wood and coals in the chimney and I'm feeding a piece at a time into the smoker to keep it around 120. Works well.

Around here I can't specify the type of wood I want to buy, it's just "firewood". Damn NYC suburbs (probably urban to many on this board).

Downstate Smoker:

I know Wild By Nature Supermarket carries RO. I think there is one in Oceanside that shouldn't be too far.

Ron

Thank you. They are really expensive ($10 for the smaller bags).

I was able to pickup some bags from King Kullen, last of what they've got I guess. It's just going to push me to keep more hardwood on hand and use an all wood fire instead of charcoal.

OK, I see you're from Rockville Center. I can tell you for certain that many local LongIsland supermarkets stock RO lump ONLY in summer. I had that specific issue with Pathmark and other stores last year. I finally found a few leftover bags of RO at King Kullen in Mineola in December. But then in May, RO started appearing in all the local supermarkets; I've stocked up on large bags, enough to last the winter.

Walmart's in SE Texas carry RO year round. But I do have 60#,s stored in large plastic garbadge cans behind my shop.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky