Rotisserie question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
DA59469C-E822-4503-8414-0DEAC3E9270E.jpeg

The bird is turning, everything is smooth right now. Running 400 all is good. Using Royal Oak briquettes. Have sausage in the smokehouse so busy watching two cookers.

didn't find a counter weight.
I don't think the combo came with it .
different unions but anything is possible
I have a pair of lineman pliers ( Kleins ) , Carpenters used them to tie ceiling wire and hanger wire . Heck when I got in we still did black iron ceilings . All day twisting wire made it hard to open your beer .

Regardless of weight distribution or Tappecue I'm thinking we'll be eating tonight! Lookin' good Edge, real good! RAY
View attachment 652505
I agree Ray, but I’d way rather have your lamb than this yard bird. My family hates lamb except for my youngest son , he likes it. But I assure you that now that I have a spinner I will spin some lamb, absolutely.

Reactions: sawhorseray
I have to be honest and admit that the Tappecue was nothing but a royal pain in the ass. It kept wanting me to name my cook, confirm who I was, said it was connected, and never once gave me a temp read-out of the IT of the meat. I'll contact CS later tomorrow and see what I need to know to salvage this piece of crap, right now I hate it. All I want is for the app to give me a half-assed accurate temp reading instead of asking me to sign into my account, pick a meat and desired doneness, frigging junk! How it could work one day and not the next is a pisser, must be on me. I used my Thermpen Mk4 instant read, pulled at 128º and rested for 15 minutes, sliced into the roast to see it could have been done a little more. Tomorrow I'll sous vide some thick slices at 136º, should be more to my liking, I hate all this floppy chips app garbage that never seems to work the same two days in a row! Dinner was OK, but not due to the Tappecue. The Yukon gold mashed parmesan taters and gravy stole the show. RAY

DSCN4316.JPG

I had that problem the first time I used mine. But after talking to their TS. They had me uninstall. And reinstall the App. It's been fine since.

All I want is for the app to give me a half-assed accurate temp reading
It will . Mine was fine in the SmokeFire , until I move a chicken breast from the bottom rack to the top shelf . Then I got an email every 30 seconds saying it was disconnected .
Frustrating at best . I still need to spin something with it .

Should have seen me yesterday setting up the I pad my son bought me .
Meal looks great .

I had that problem the first time I used mine. But after talking to their TS. They had me uninstall. And reinstall the App. It's been fine since.
Thanks for that Steve, I'll be on it shortly. I have a tendency to lose my patience with this crap, I'm sure being on the phone with TS in the Philippines will do a lot to improve my mood this morning. Maybe I'll luck out and get a woman from India that I can't understand, just throw my phone against the wall, and the Tappecue in the garbage can. RAY

It will . Mine was fine in the SmokeFire , until I move a chicken breast from the bottom rack to the top shelf . Then I got an email every 30 seconds saying it was disconnected .
Frustrating at best . I still need to spin something with it .

Should have seen me yesterday setting up the I pad my son bought me .
Meal looks great .
I didn't get emails Rich. In place of that there was a voice coming over my phone that kept repeating "check your meat....check your meat!". I'm not positive but I might have taken the lords name in vain once or twice. I love to swear, don't you? RAY

View attachment 652445
Ok thank you all much.
So I would lock this down on the opposite side of the heavy breast say, and this will rotate with the spit counter balancing the meats lopsidedness? That make more sense than just hanging there.
What I've done when I had my spinners is to Load the spit with whatever you are turning. Set it in the mounts but not in the motor. Let the spit spin freely so the heavy side settles to the bottom. Now tighten the counterweight on the spit so it is positioned straight up. turn the spit 90 degrees and see if it balances. If the counterweight goes down, then slide the weight towards the spit and repeat until the counterweight and the heavy side of the meat will sit parallel to the earth. Install motor and cook on.
-Pete

Last edited:
I’m going to play the red headed step-child here. Aren’t these spinners limited in what type of food you can cook?
Other than it has to be a big wad of meat that can be put on a spit, I don't see any. I also don't own a spinner, so there is that, lol.

Reactions: Marknmd
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky