Rotisserie Info needed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pull the trigger and don't look back. Do you know if they're offering severance packages ?
I'm sure they will, but haven't heard anything yet. I really enjoy my job and my hours. I really don't have enough hobbies to keep me busy. I've worked my whole life from shoveling driveways and mowing yards to what I'm doing now. I was even going to college full time while holding down a full time job. I guess it's in my blood.

Chris

Wait until you hear something. No point in losing out by taking retirement before they start the layoffs. Hopefully, your company will wait until after the holidays.

Stu

Reactions: gmc2003
Thanks, they'll have to force me out. I'm not volunteering for anything. It's not a physically demanding job. So all my joints still work. It is stressful at times, but that keeps it interesting. I've got a friend from high school who laid carpet for a living. Both his knees are shot. He can barely walk. He retired early but his quality of life is suffering.

I used my Temp Spike, it worked OK but will discuss it in another thread.
Got mine hooked up this morning . Piece of cake on the connecting . Interested to hear your thoughts . It's a slow read out , but that's nature of the beast I would think .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Thanks, they'll have to force me out. I'm not volunteering for anything. It's not a physically demanding job. So all my joints still work. It is stressful at times, but that keeps it interesting. I've got a friend from high school who laid carpet for a living. Both his knees are shot. He can barely walk. He retired early but his quality of life is suffering.

I'm in the same boat as your friend Chris, both shoulders are bone on bone from swinging a hammer and lumping lumber, sleep doesn't come easy. As long as you can stay busy without hurting yourself keep at it. I retired at 55, everything hurts and I'm limited as to what I can do.

Got mine hooked up this morning . Piece of cake on the connecting . Interested to hear your thoughts . It's a slow read out , but that's nature of the beast I would think .

Mine will be here later today Rich, I'm sure I'll be in contact! Did you DL an app? RAY

Reactions: gmc2003 and chopsaw
If the package is strong you should probably take it, many a time I have seen someone say no only to be "managed out" or laid off later with not nearly as good a package. Especially if you are at or near medicare age.

If the package is strong you should probably take it, many a time I have seen someone say no only to be "managed out" or laid off later with not nearly as good a package. Especially if you are at or near medicare age.
I still have 3 years to go for medicare. Financially the house, cars, kids college, weddings, and a condo that I rent out are all paid for. I'd like to buy a new truck before I retire, but with inflation and interest rates. That may have to wait. Wife is on disability so she's on my insurance. I don't believe there will be any choice this time around. You either sign za papers old man, or you claim some type of discrimination and take your chances in court.

Chris

I still have 3 years to go for medicare. Financially the house, cars, kids college, weddings, and a condo that I rent out are all paid for. I'd like to buy a new truck before I retire, but with inflation and interest rates. That may have to wait. Wife is on disability so she's on my insurance. I don't believe there will be any choice this time around. You either sign za papers old man, or you claim some type of discrimination and take your chances in court.

Chris
At least you are in better shape than most out there. I would think if someone is on disability the insurance would come from that or the Govmnt?

At least you are in better shape than most out there. I would think if someone is on disability the insurance would come from that or the Govmnt?
She can get one of the medi's, but it's not that great.

Chris

My Temp Spike was easy to get connected through the app and connects instantly when the spike is removed from the base/booster, faster than I can open the app. Range is sufficient in my home and if it does drop it re-connects quickly when back in range. The one thing that is disappointing is the accuracy of the ambient temp sensor. It is consistently 20-30* low and sometimes more. At the end of this cook the spike was getting build up baked on it and the temp started dropping until it was 80* low while the pit temp remained the same. IT temp seems to be fairly close so the Temp Spike is still very useful with a rotisserie. I like this thermometer but am glad I didn't give a 100 bucks for it. Hope this opinion helps Rich, and thanks for asking.

Reactions: chopsaw
IT temp seems to be fairly close so the Temp Spike is still very useful with a rotisserie.
I was surprised it did both . I just messed with mine a little bit this morning . As long as it's close for IT that's all I'm looking for .
Interesting that it says it works with pressure cooker and SV .
Might have to try it on some SV finished sausage .

1670885518668.png

Got my spinner today. Opened it up, tested the motor and it works!!!. Now I have to wait until we get some decent weather to see how it fits and then spin some yard bird.

Chris

I was surprised it did both . I just messed with mine a little bit this morning . As long as it's close for IT that's all I'm looking for .
My tappaque wireless spike came in today, Have to wait till Xmas so the wife can give it to me.

Wrong key ... again
I grill all winter long. Now before you bust my chops about being in Florida, I used to grill and smoke most of the winters in Minnesota. Zero °F was my line in the snow.

Wrong key ... again
I grill all winter long. Now before you bust my chops about being in Florida, I used to grill and smoke most of the winters in Minnesota. Zero °F was my line in the snow.
I used to grill/smoke weekly during the winter months also, but as I've aged my bones don't respond to the cold as well as they used to. Currently it's 20* here with a dusting of snow on the ground. With the slightest breeze the wind chill cuts right thru me. That and I don't want any snot-icles hanging from my mustache. We'll get a few sunny clear days in the higher 30s w/o the wind, and I'll be ready to pounce.

Chris

Reactions: Colin1230
Rich what app did you use? I see a bunch of them when I looked at my phone,it is an android
Richie

View attachment 651035

Got my spinner today. Opened it up, tested the motor and it works!!!. Now I have to wait until we get some decent weather to see how it fits and then spin some yard bird.

Chris

What? You didn’t wait till Christmas?

Let me know how you like that new unit. If it works really well, I may invest in one of those.

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky