Rollin A Fatty: My Version

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 18, 2008
East Ohio, Uhrichsville, Ohio
I've been asked for info on how I roll my fattys. Well here goes.

1. You get yourself a one gallon zip-lock baggy and a 1-lb sausage chub. Put the chub in the baggy.

2. Either use you hand or use a rolling pin and spread the chub around in the baggy.

3. This is what it should look like after you smoosh it around in the baggy, square and even.

4. Now cut the bag around the edges with either scissors or a sharp knife.

5. Remove the top piece of baggy and discard.

6. Layout a piece of wax paper.

7. I carefully flip my flat fatty over onto the wax paper and remove the rest of the baggy.

8. Begin putting your inerds on the flat fatty.

9. Grab the wax paper and start your roll. Keep the wax paper tight against the fatty working the roll over your inerds.

10. Sometimes your inerds may get ahead of you, that's when a third hand comes in handy. Besure as you are rolling to try and keep the wax paper tight with the fatty.

11. As your fatty is being rolled be sure to unwind the wax paper as you go so it does not get wound up in your fatty.

12. Lay out a piece of plastic and lay the fatty on it length ways and wrap it up with the plastic and leave enough plastic on the ends to grab ahold of.

13. Grab ahold of the ends and roll in one direction so that you are tightening the ends of the plastic around the ends of the fatty.

14. There you have your fatty.

15. If you are goin to wrap it in bacon. Layout your bacon on wax paper. It's seems to be easier to use thick bacon but a lot prefer thin.

16. Set your fatty at the edge of the bacon and roll your fatty making sure the bacon comes with it as you roll.

17. I then lay out another piece of plastic wrap and do number 13 again.

There, I hope it understandable. Oh yea, I forgot, my wife said to make sure that I give her credit for the photography.
Thank you wife.
--ray--

Thanks for the instruction. Thanks to the WIFE for the pics.
icon_biggrin.gif

Now that was an excellant job there Ray. A perfect tutorial on the fine art of fattie rolling. I was always taght to use both hands and to lick the seams of the oh thats the other fatties. NEVERMIND.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Your description is awesome! You have answered many trial and error questions many of us had in preparing fatties. Your methods are better than the ones I have developed. It is all good, and thanks!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I was waiting for that comment. I was actually placing bets with myself who would be the one. LOL

Capt Dan, I did not know that your tutorial even existed. I missed something in my search and apologize for that.

I would like to thank all that gave me points. WOW! Thanx. I just remember what a pain it was for me to try and figure out how everyone was getting such nice looking fattys when mine would tear and fall apart while putting everything together. Recently I had a couple of pm's on how to do it (why me I don't know). Just thought I'd make up a tutorial.

Thank you, for the great replies and points gang.
--ray--

Great tutorial.
points.gif
Now no one has an excuse to not be able to do a fattie. One question though, what was the green leafy stuff? SWMBO says it looks like spinach, I'm not sure and know better than to disagree with her unless I have the facts, just the facts, M'aam.

Oh, and well done to your 13 year old son as a photographer.

My inerds are provolone cheese and leaf spinach. I used hot sausage and i added and sweet rub to the top. It had the spicey heat of the sausage and a touch of sweetness with the rub. Very tasty.
--ray--

Great post and tutorial, Ray. I especially like the multiple rolls on the sausage.
points.gif

I mostly make breakfast themed ones. Need to try your "Florentine" style......hhmmmmmmm - some hot italian sausage, a little red pepper flakes - yeah we will come up with something.

And of course, a little Chianti
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky