Roasted tomatoe sauce recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meathead

Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Nebraska
Hi all , I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t post often I prefer to stay quiet , read and learn . But today Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve come up with something to offer . I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like store bought BBQ sauce , its just to sweet and overpowering so I came up with my own recipe for brisket and rib sauce ..

12 Roma Tomatoes
1 large Onion
5 cloves of garlic
3 good big jalapeno peppers
¼ cup apple juice
4 tbs cider vinegar
¼ cup beer
½ tsp cumim seed
1 tbs brown sugar
Salt and pepper

Cut and core the Tomatoes , Peppers , Onion and garlic , roast in the oven or smoker at 250 for 2 to 3 hours or until it has lost about half its moisture . Put everything together in the blender and make a smooth sauce , cook down on the stove if the sauce is to runny . I served it with pulled brisket and pork shoulder . A friend tried the recipe and added some cinnamon , ground clove and more brown sugar . I guess itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a good base for whatever you like .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky