Roast beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lookin' good Adam! It looks like there's going to be one of those in my future soon. Like.

Ok farmer you're on there's 3 votes for a sv door prize Where's Joe and Doug. You know anybody in the business for donations I don't think your going to find that many at $13.

Warren

Yes , de fat and add back to the beef . Just watch the salt . I use the beefy onion or the french onion , then whatever else you want in there . I use whole garlic cloves and pepperoncini .

I wonder if adding a big glop of beef base in the bag with the roast would work to boost the flavor like these soup packets would? I think they'd be thick enough to not get sucked out of the bag during the vacuum pack process. I like the jars of Better than Bouillon base for making soups. I usually grab the low sodium version just so I have more control over the saltiness of the finished food. You could just add some dried onion and any other aromatics you might want as well.

Great looking beef Adam! I could hurt myself overeating with a meal like that!

If the Mrs. is cooking, she has usually got a roast simmering in the crockpot with onion soup mix and Better than Bullion- beef. Its browned in a CI pan first though. I can imagine a SV version would be stellar!

I wonder if adding a big glop of beef base in the bag with the roast would work to boost the flavor like these soup packets would? I think they'd be thick enough to not get sucked out of the bag during the vacuum pack process. I like the jars of Better than Bouillon base for making soups. I usually grab the low sodium version just so I have more control over the saltiness of the finished food. You could just add some dried onion and any other aromatics you might want as well.
That's the basic idea . If you use some type of liquid , freeze it first , then add to the bag .

Second time using the SV unit. I wanted roast beef. Seasoned with butcher pepper, season salt and worchestershire sauce.

View attachment 380209

Sv for 34 hours at 160 degrees.

View attachment 380210

Cheap Cover for the pot.
View attachment 380212

Bone pulled right off getting the roast out of the bag. Tried to sear over the vortex but that didnt work, as soon as the meat hit the heat it fell apart.

View attachment 380215

Pulled

View attachment 380217

My dinner.
View attachment 380218

Saved the liquid gold @Bearcarver

View attachment 380219

This was a very tender, juicy and flavorful beef roast. We loved it. Very beefy tasting. Could smell it right out of the bag. Even the cold juice smells great. I am looking for the next meal.
Looks very tasty! Like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky