RIP David Crosby

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Seen on the news last night, it has been a hard couple weeks for music folks passing away

Jeff Beck, David Crosby, Robbie Bachman ( BTO ), Gordy Harmon ( The Whispers )
Lisa Marie Presley

And others also I just did not know their music

David

Crosby came along in an era of the some of the best music ever written. The true definition of " classic " is something that endures over time. And Crosby's music fits that definition.

I enjoyed Crosyby, Stills, Nash, and Young's music while not sharing their political world view. That was always a conflict for me but not something I could not deal with. I could still appreciate their melodies and harmony.

Reactions: Colin1230
I was just listening to his album few weeks ago, If I Could Only Remember My Name. I love that thing. He will be dearly missed.

Last edited:
Sad. I've enjoyed their music for most of my life. Saw them live 5-6 times and 2 more with all 4. They were great, but when Neil Young toured with them, he brought them up to a much higher level.

Reactions: BurntWeenie
Influential musician of the first order. His harmonies and guitar work were extra-ordinary. He made me a better guitar player. Always spoke his mind, even when he was wrong. I will be spinning his records this weekend. R.I.P. brother, you earned it.

Years ago I saw a cross-over list of sorts that began with original members of The Byrds (Roger McGuinn, David Crosby, Gene Clark, Chris Hillman and Michael Clarke) and all the spinoff bands that grew from them. The Flying Burrito Brothers, CSN&Y, Desert Rose Band, Poco and on and on...

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky