Ribs question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mdmucf

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Lithia, Florida
I have a large big green egg and am smoking 3 racks of baby back ribs this Saturday to take to a friend’s house for dinner. Dinner won’t be for an hour or so after we get to a friend’s house and they will be smoking a brisket. Was thinking about smoking the ribs most of the way leaving the last hour to put in the friend’s smoker when we get there. Has anyone tried this or have any other options? It’s about a 15 minute drive between houses.

Reactions: JLeonard
You can do what you were thinking of with no problem it would be safe from a safety aspect. If completely finished at home then wrapped in foil and placed in a cooler for an extended time you may not have the bark the way you wanted. Since it's only about 15 minutes travel time I would probably do the last hour at his house on his smoker that way if it runs over a bit you'd still have the bark you want and if you want to sauce part of the last hour you could. I once in awhile will sauce the last half hour or so but usually just serve warmed sauce on the side.

All good advice . If you decide to fully cook and wrap to hold them , I would make sure they start to cool before you wrap . You don't have the meat mass like on a brisket , plus with all the heat in the bones I would think it wouldn't take much to over cook them .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky