Ribs on a Yoder YS640s

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Alphonse

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 1, 2019
Gulf Coast Alabama
Cooked up 2 slabs of baby backs last night in a hurry. They were salted separately with black Hawaiian salt followed later by a light olive oil coat and a generous amount of rub applied.

I had to cook them hotter and faster than I normally would because I started too late in the day. The set point on the Yoder was 350F for two hours and 300F for an 1 1/2 hours. They were cooked without wrapping on the upper rack. They were spritzed along the way with apple juice/apple cider vinegar.

At finish they were foiled with a generous spritz, double wrapped with a towel, and put into a cooler for a 45 minute rest while the sausage cooked and adult beverages were completed. They were served sans sauce to get a read on the two rubs I used. My very critical and vocal family crowd was pleased. They voted for a repeat of the process again sometime soon.

Here are the obligatory photos!

Rubbed and ready:
rubbed and reaad.jpg

In Progress:
in progress.jpg

Finished and ready for the knife:
finished.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky