Ribs...Now this could get addictve

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mangrove man

Original poster
Nov 25, 2006
Saint Pete Florida
Did some ribs today being that i'm to much a mess to fish. The big set is beef ribs from publix..the small ones are pork also from Publix but these are exspensive free ranged ones $11.00. (All total was about 20 bucks for both)
Seasoned with Emirile rib rub from publix sat in fridge all night.

Just come off a 3 hour smoke...more rub, apple juice and then wrapped in aluminum foil back in for 2 hours.

Foil was opened up for the last hour then basted with apple juice and Boars head Gourmet bbq sauce

Another angle for the juices

The Kingsford with Mesquite in it and ridges is by far the best charcoal i've used yet. It only took 3 chimneys for a 6 hour smoke. I did make some changes to my coal pan by adding a grate and drilling a hole in the bottom to let the ashes fall out and not choke the coals. It burned alot hotter too, I had to close my vents to keep from hitting 300 degrees but it was easy to maintain 250 once established. Truely fire and forget.

I'm gonna do these once a week at least...The pork ribs were the best..falling off the bone.

WOOF! Mangrove! You did a beautiful job! I, too, made ribs tonight, much the same way, but used Jeff's amazing rub. I did not baste with bbq sauce, but I just may, nixt time if mine would look like this! Mind you, I'm not complaining, because mine were really awesome, too. I just can't seem to get a picture of 'em after they are done... too eager to get them on the table! I don't think my Hubby OR my 7-yo daughter would let me put them off for that extra minute, either!! Hubby has informed me that he has NO reason to order ribs in a restaurant, again! LOL I would say that your house has the same reaction! GREAT JOB!!

man nice pics i tell you the truth, i thought i smelled those ribs when those pictures came up' really nice job. im already addicted. to once a week for ribs and twice a month for briskets. now that i think about it that is what im smellin keep up the good work wildcat

Mangrove Man,
Those are some mighty fine looking ribs! I usually do mine dry with sauce on the side but I have to say that your's do indeed look good. Are you sure once a week is going to be enough?

Bill the bbq mop is not thick at all when cut with apple juice...just enough to mess up your fingers. I had sauce on the side but did not use it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky