RIBEYE CAP TACOS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Had another great taco Tuesday with the family last night.
I marinaded the cap steak that I cut off of the 17lb+ rib roast in some honey,oil,lime juice and some seasoning for a few hours and put on the grill. Warmed up some tortillas and plated up family style.
0105211941_HDR.jpg
0105212022.jpg
0105212023a_HDR.jpg

This was Ryders first taco build for the night. Loaded up with meat lol!
0105212033_HDR~2.jpg

And Knox chowing down on his seconed one! Lol!
0105212034a~2.jpg

This was probably one of the most tender cap steaks ive ever made. Might have been from the lime juice tenderizing it a bit. Sure was good and the whole family really chowed down on these!
Thanks for taking a look!

Nice looking stuff Travis!! I just ordered a couple more of the 103 sub primal rib sections. did a little reading after seeing your thread and have decided to dissect one of them the same way you did. Looking forward to that!! Excellent job on those tacos buddy.

Robert

Those are some good looking tacos' Travis

Point for sure
Chris

Travis that look fantastic. Between the killer burgers and tacos I may also move in lol. I don’t think I’ve ever used cap steak before.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Mighty fine looking tacos! Ryder builds his tacos like me...stuff them almost too full to close. And Knox, he's just so damn cute...Dad, stop taking pics of me, I'm trying to eat!

Ryan

Nice looking stuff Travis!! I just ordered a couple more of the 103 sub primal rib sections. did a little reading after seeing your thread and have decided to dissect one of them the same way you did. Looking forward to that!! Excellent job on those tacos buddy.

Robert
Thanks Robert! When you get one broke down your gonna love the cap steak! Best part of the whole rib section in my opinion!

We were on the same wavelength! Those look terrific!!
Thanks Saint! Yes we were! Yours looked fantastic....actualy that little Square cup with the red sauce in it is a guajillo and cayenne hot sauce. Good stuff.

Top notch stuff there man, nice job!
Thanks WHB!
View attachment 479036

Ill take a couple or ten. Excellent cook my friend. That cap steak looks delicious. LIKE!
Thanks! That cap was probably the best ive ever had!
You have been on a roll. Making some great food.
Thanks Brian! I appreciate it!
Those are some good looking tacos' Travis

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris!

Travis that look fantastic. Between the killer burgers and tacos I may also move in lol. I don’t think I’ve ever used cap steak before.
Thanks Jeff! If you get a chance you have to try cap steaks. Ive done them like this or rolled and cut into a pinwheel ...guss I'm going to have to start saving for a new addition on the house...looks like it's filling up fast! Lol!
Mighty fine looking tacos! Ryder builds his tacos like me...stuff them almost too full to close. And Knox, he's just so damn cute...Dad, stop taking pics of me, I'm trying to eat!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Yep he likes them loaded up! Both those boys ate a pile of meat that night! And I actually need to take more pictures.....they grow up too fast!
That meat is screaming eat me WOW
Richie
thanks Richie! The steak was awesome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky