Rib roast - beef back ribs and ribeyes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well the pics speak for themselves. great job. the steaks and the rib are mouthwatering!
Thanks! It was a fun weekend for sure and I haven't had any complaints from the family just yet but the day is young...lol

Appreciate the kind words.

Hi all, I couldn't resist the standing rib roast sale at Publix even though I told myself to ignore it...

I ended up getting a 5 bone.

So I used my new cangshan knives from Costco to cut some steaks. The marbeling was pretty decent for choice.

I kept the back ribs and they are going on the smoker here in just a few minutes. I will post pics of them after they are done but it's probably going to be tomorrow. I usually smoke these in the 250-270 range but I don't mind the wait so it's going to be 225 this time. I picked up a pack of the chuck ribs from wally world to supplement my teenagers eating habbits.

Rub is meat church holy cow.

Into the mes frankensmoker at 225 degrees with a tube full of apple pellets. We ran these for about 5 hours in the mes then wrapped them and finished them overnight at 200. We wanted them to fall apart so our 1 year old daughter could enjoy them.

Side note, the holy cow has a ton of pepper. It's not my favorite.
I just picked up a 13 pounder for $4.99/lb. bookmarked this thread looks great.

Reactions: MJB05615 and Ringer
I just picked up a 13 pounder for $4.99/lb. bookmarked this thread looks great.
Thanks, we could tell the steaks were choice as they were ever so slightly tougher than the norm but the taste was great.

Thanks, we could tell the steaks were choice as they were ever so slightly tougher than the norm but the taste was great.
Yeah but I plan to marinate them in fresh pineapple and mango juice, that will certainly make them tender. I will also use the jaccard on them as well.

Reactions: MJB05615
Great score CLiff! I wanted to get 1-2 more, but my Publix was out and I'm out of room in the freezer. I keep tellinbg the Mrs. that we need to eat faster to make more room, lol.
I am going to try and get more coupons, also my FIL was given a brand new chest freezer so I am going to fire that up..He will never use it. Stop and shop has chicken drums for $.99lb so will get a bunch as well.

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky